Sender:
From:
Cosmin Munteanu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Mar 2017 21:02:23 -0400
Call for participation: CHI 2017 Course on Ethics During Field Studies of Interactive Technologies

In this tutorial we present the key principles that guide research with human participants, and how these apply to field studies of interactive technologies. This is largely based on existing policies that have been adopted nationally in some places or specific to certain disciplines or professional associations. We discuss the gaps that exist between these guidelines and the challenges of conducting fieldwork of interactive technologies, particularly in sensitive or difficult environments. These are exemplified by cases studies of ours and our colleagues' recent research. We conclude with a facilitated discussion of examples brought forward by the audience.

For course details please go to: http://cosmin.taglab.ca/share/ethics_tutorial/chi2017/

To register go to https://chi2017.acm.org/registration.html and add the "Ethical Challenges" course to your registration. The course is scheduled for Thursday, 11th May 2017, at 14:30.

Looking forward to seeing many of you in Denver!

Cosmin Munteanu and Roisin McNaney
University of Toronto and Lancaster University