From:
Giulio Galesi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Giulio Galesi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2016 17:19:05 +0100
[ apologies for any cross posting ]

Mobile HCI 2016

Call for Contributions: Papers & Notes

6-9 September 2016, Florence, Italy

http://mobilehci.acm.org/

MobileHCI 2016 is the 18th International Conference on Human-Computer
Interaction with Mobile Devices and Services, which is the premier forum
for innovations in mobile, portable and personal devices and with the
services to which they enable access.

MobileHCI brings together people from diverse areas which provides a
multidisciplinary forum for academics, hardware and software developers,
designers and practitioners to discuss the challenges and potential
solutions for effective interaction with and through mobile devices,
applications, and services.

MobileHCI maintains a small number of tracks along with a wide range of
other program aspects to encourage the exchange of research results,
ideas and future research endeavours.

MobileHCI seeks contributions in the form of innovations, insights, or
analyses related to human interaction and experiences with mobility.
Likewise, our view of contribution encompasses technology, experience,
methodology, and theory or any mix thereof, and beyond. We seek richness
and diversity in topic as well as approach, method, and viewpoint.

The conference proceedings are published by the ACM and appear in the
ACM Digital Library.

*Important Dates*

Paper Submission Deadline: February 12th 2016

Paper Notification: April 25th 2016

Camera-Ready Submission: May 27th 2016

*Suggested Topics*

We seek richness and diversity in topic as well as approach, method, and
viewpoint. If you can make a convincing case that you have something
important to say about mobility, in all its many forms, we want to see
your work. In no particular order, this includes contributions in the
form of:

- Systems & infrastructures. The design, architecture, deployment, and
evaluation of systems and infrastructures that support development of or
interaction with mobile devices and services.

- Devices & techniques. The design, construction, usage, and evaluation
of devices and techniques that create valuable new capabilities for
mobile human-computer interaction.

- Applications & experiences. Descriptions of the design, empirical
study of interactive applications, or analysis of usage trends that
leverage mobile devices and systems.

- Methodologies & tools. New methods and tools designed for or applied
to studying or building mobile user interfaces, applications, and mobile
users.

- Theories & models. Critical analysis or organizing theory with clearly
motivated relevance to the design or study of mobile human-computer
interaction; taxonomies of design or devices; well-supported essays on
emerging trends and practice in mobile human-computer interaction.

- Visions & wildcards. Well-argued and well-supported visions of the
future of mobile computing; non-traditional topics that bear on
mobility; under-represented viewpoints and perspectives that
convincingly bring something new to mobile research and practice.
Surprise us with something new and compelling.

*Reviewers*

We are also looking for reviewers. Please log in to
https://precisionconference.com/~sigchi/ to volunteer.

*Finally*

For more information, contact our program chairs at
[log in to unmask] and/or have a look at the conference
website at http://mobilehci.acm.org/2016/, or follow us on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/MobileHCI2016 and Twitter @ACMMobileHCI or
https://twitter.com/ACMMobileHCI

We look forward to your submissions and to seeing you in Florence!

The MobileHCI 2016 Organizing Chairs