From:
Olana Missura <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Olana Missura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Aug 2016 03:32:28 -0400
Dear Colleagues,

In addition to our three exciting challenges, we have prepared a very
innovative ECML-PKDD 2016 discovery challenge, which collocates in the
realm of Automatic Network Management.

This challenge is one of the first explorations of ML for automatic network
analysis. Our goal is to promote the use of ML for network-related tasks in
general and, at the same time, to assess the participants' ability to
quickly build a learning-based system showing a reliable performance.

Please see more information at

http://www.neteye-blog.com/netcla-the-ecml-pkdd-network-classification-challenge/

Schedule

Aug.  12: the challenge starts, registration opens

Sept.  7: test data released, submission page opens

Sept. 10: submissions due

Sept. 12: Results and Paper invitations

Sept. 23: ECML-PKDD challenge track

The schedule is tight but we have encoded the network data using simple
feature vectors for learning a multi-class, single label, classification
task. Thus, you can simply try your own multiclass classification
algorithms and watch if they improve on strong baselines.

The aim is to find out which ML algorithms can better deal with this kind
of data.

Best,

Alessandro and Elio

Discovery Challenge Chairs of ECML-PKDD 2016