From:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johannes Schöning <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2017 20:41:12 +0000
*Please forward to interested candidates. *

*We are looking for a PostDoc and 2x PhD student in our HCI lab at Bremen
University, Germany. *

*Link to Job Ads:*

*http://www.uni-bremen.de/universitaet/die-uni-als-arbeitgeber/offene-stellen/detailansicht/joblist/Job/show/postdoctoral-research-position-2994.html?cHash=ae07fdcf59d958c7ad99b1626c18eb61

*http://www.uni-bremen.de/universitaet/die-uni-als-arbeitgeber/offene-stellen/detailansicht/joblist/Job/show/2x-full-phd-research-position-2922.html?cHash=47e396da0d8b1bb3f4a340f0e9a9f3fd
<http://www.uni-bremen.de/universitaet/die-uni-als-arbeitgeber/offene-stellen/detailansicht/joblist/Job/show/2x-full-phd-research-position-2922.html?cHash=47e396da0d8b1bb3f4a340f0e9a9f3fd>*

The newly formed research group for human-computer interaction (HCI) is led
by Prof. Dr. Johannes Schöning (www.johannesschoening.de). He holds a
Lichtenberg Professorship and the PostDoc and PhD positions are supported
by the Volkswagen foundation. In our group we investigate how people
interact with digital spatial information and create new methods and novel
interfaces to help people interact with spatial information. This includes
the development and evaluation of wearable technologies, mobile augmented
reality and virtual reality applications, interactive surfaces and
tabletops, and other “post desktop” interfaces. Therefore, we are currently
looking for students excited to do their PhD in this area at the
intersection of HCI, geoinformatics, and Ubicomp technologies.

*Qualifications:*

We love to work with students with strong technical skills and backgrounds
across disciplines. PhD Candidates should have an excellent Master's degree
or equivalent in computer science, or related disciplines such as
mathematics, physics, etc. Post-Docs should have a excellent PhD with a
strong publication record at HCI venues.

Required technical skills are solid experience in (mobile) software
development (Android, iOS), and a very good command of English
(reading/writing/speaking). Ideally, you have specialized in HCI topics and
already have a good knowledge on conducting experiments in HCI. In
addition, the successful candidate will be highly self-motivated,
passionate about their work, and have good ability to work both
independently as well as in a team in a multidisciplinary environment.

If you like to know more about the positions, please contact

Prof. Dr. Johannes Schöning

University of Bremen
Fachbereich 3
Postfach 33 04 40