From:
Yuichi Itoh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yuichi Itoh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 May 2016 15:56:23 +0900
SIGGRAPH ASIA 2016 Emerging Technologies (E-Tech): Submission deadline
is getting close. Please visit SA16 website and submit your work!

SIGGRAPH ASIA 2016 Website:
https://sa2016.siggraph.org/en/

Research on interactive technologies is an important academic
discipline to investigate a fundamental problem of relationship
between technology and human. In order to drive this research to be
able to widely help human's life in the future, propulsion of research
by making actually working prototypes with novel technological
innovations is crucial. Through the experience of using or enjoying
the demonstration of such prototypes, we can learn the progress of
technology, we can imagine our future lives, or we can conceive
further sophisticated ideas.
Interactive technology has been one of the most important inseparable
wheels of SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia, and the Emerging Technologies
program has played a vital role in driving the development of research
communities to pursue technological innovations and to make a great
impact on the public.
At SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 we are looking for submissions that use novel
interactive technologies which have possibilities to bring benefits,
usefulness, or comfort, into our future lives.
These technologies may include, but are not limited to:

- 3D interaction
- Augmented human
- Brain-machine interface/brain-computer interface
- Collaborative technologies
- Device technologies
- Display technologies
- Embodiment interaction
- Haptics
- Illusion/actuality
- Interaction technologies
- Interactive visualization and other graphics technologies
- Multi-/cross-modality
- Perception/cognition
- Physical computing
- Robotics
- Sensors
- Social interaction
- Tangible UI
- Technologies for everyday life, food and kitchen
- Telepresence / Tele-existence
- Virtual and augmented reality

Feel free to submit your work even if it does not fall under the list
of categories above. If it is new, cool, and exciting, we want to see
it at SIGGRAPH Asia 2016!
To encourage submissions from industry, you can choose either
“industrial” or “academic” with your submission. If your work mainly
contributes to the progress of academic discipline in the field of
interactive technologies, you should choose the “academic track”. On
the other hand, if your work is a prototype of a new product which is
(almost) on the market and expected to provide an impact to consumers,
you should choose the “industrial track”. You can choose both
categories if your work satisfies both features. Submissions in each
category are reviewed individually according to their own evaluation
criteria.
The main form of presentation at Emerging Technologies is a live,
working, hands-on demonstration. It is essential that your work can be
effectively demonstrated by the time the conference opens in December.
To ensure this, the submission process requires all submitters to
provide extensive technical, logistical, and practical documentation.
Running an Emerging Technologies demo is hard work, but it is also
very rewarding. Your work will be experienced by thousands of people
and widely reported in media. We invite submissions from academic
institutions as well as corporations and individuals. All submissions
will be peer-reviewed by experts in relevant fields, and the final
selections will be made by the Emerging Technologies program committee
members.
Accepted Emerging Technologies works will be presented as on-going
demonstrations throughout SIGGRAPH Asia 2016 in Macao, China.
Technical support will be provided to make the most of each demo. If
your work is accepted, you will have the opportunity to give a
technical presentation, advertised in the conference program. Media
outreach efforts will be organized to further increase awareness and
publicity. A promotional video will be widely distributed, and an
extended abstract and video of each exhibit will be distributed
through the ACM Digital Library for SIGGRAPH Asia 2016. In addition,
if you want to give an oral presentation about your work, you may do
so during the Emerging Technologies Talks session at SIGGRAPH Asia
2016.
Some of the accepted Emerging Technologies works will be chosen as
"Emerging Technologies Prize" by the Emerging Technologies program
committee members and reviewers at the event venue. The quality of
work, how they are demonstrated onsite, and how attractive attendees
view the works are criteria upon which each work will be judged.
Emerging Technologies is the most important inseparable wheels of both
SIGGRAPH and SIGGRAPH Asia, because SIGGRAPH is a conference on
Computer Graphics and Interactive Techniques. The goal of Emerging
Technologies is to gather and show such submissions as novel
interactive technologies that have possibilities to bring benefits,
usefulness, or comfort, into our future lives.

The deadline for submission to the Emerging Technologies program is 23
May 2016, 23:59 UTC/GMT. Please return to this page often for further
submission details and use the contact form if you have any questions.

Emerging Technologies Co-Chair
Robin Bing-Yu Chen
National Taiwan University
Taiwan