CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hudson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 12:42:03 +0000
(Apologies if you receive this more than once.)

Only two weeks to the start of our UX training event being held in central London. UxFest consists of four one-day courses, so you can attend just one or all four. We have substantial discounts on booking three or more places. Plus bookings can be made across all of our London courses including two new offerings: Persona-Driven Design (now a two-day course) and Ecommerce User Experience. Places booked can also be shared between participants, so book all four days of UxFest and have a different person attending each day.

The cost of the courses includes all refreshments, a full lunch and printed notes. Further details below or visit www.syntagm.co.uk/design/schedule.shtml#uxfest

UXFEST LONDON, 7-10 FEBRUARY 2011:  FOUR DAYS OF UX, IA AND UCD

James Kalbach, the author of O’Reilly’s Designing Web Navigation, is joining me in presenting four days of cutting-edge courses on UX, UCD and IA in London, starting 7 February.

The courses are:
Mon - Dynamic User Experience: Ajax Design & Usability (WH)
Tue - Agile UX & UCD (WH)
Wed - Designing Web Navigation (JK)
Thu - Faceted Search & Beyond (JK)

The Ajax Design and Usability course explains the main differences between Ajax and static HTML (for a non-technical audience) and looks at how to make web sites and intranets more dynamic while improving user experience and accessibility. Agile UX & UCD looks at how to incorporate user experience, usability and user-centred design into an Agile environment. It is intended primarily for experienced UX practitioners, although only a limited understanding of UX is essential.

In his two courses – Designing Web Navigation and Faceted Search – O’Reilly author James Kalbach covers current thinking in Information Architecture and the changing face of web navigation.

Visit our web site for full details and to book online - www.syntagm.co.uk/design/schedule.shtml#uxfest

OTHER COURSES IN LONDON AND VANCOUVER

Following UxFest will be a two-day workshop on Persona-Driven Design on 21 March. Participants will spend about 50% of their time making sense of user research and then developing personas and interaction designs using a variety of user-centred techniques. It’s suitable for a broad audience, from interaction designers and developers through to project managers and Scrum masters. In April is a brand new course, Ecommerce User Experience, based on our extensive benchmarking experience. Participants will learn how to assess and improve their designs.

Two of our courses – Agile UX & UCD and Card Sorting – are featured in the tutorial programme for CHI 2011 in Vancouver. The courses programme should be on the conference web site fairly soon – www.chi2011.org

Drop us a line if you need a course you don’t see on our site (see our course schedule) or would like to run one or more in-house, anywhere in the world.

Regards,

William (Hudson)
Syntagm Ltd
User Experience Strategist
UK 01235-522859
World +44-1235-522859
US Toll Free 1-866-SYNTAGM
Web www.syntagm.co.uk/design
Email [log in to unmask]
Skype williamhudsonskype
Twitter SyntagmUCD

Syntagm is a limited company registered in England and Wales (1985).
Registered number: 1895345. Registered office: 10 Oxford Road, Abingdon OX14 2DS.

UxFest – Four days of UX, UCD and Usability Courses in London 7-10 Feb 2011
www.syntagm.co.uk/design/schedule.shtml#uxfest