|Subject:|| Postdoc position in Distributed Event-based Programming and Systems at Purdue University|
|From:|| Patrick Eugster <[log in to unmask]>|
|Reply-To:||Patrick Eugster <[log in to unmask]>|
|Date:||Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:24:04 -0500|
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH POSITION
The Distributed Programming Group (DPG) at the Department of Computer Science, Purdue University, is inviting applications from qualified researchers for a postdoctoral researcher position in the area of distributed event-based programming and systems.
Particular topics of investigation include:
- Abstractions for adaptive and reflective event-based programming
- Program analysis for event-based programs
- Extensible (event-based) programming languages
- Debugging event-based systems
- Middleware for content-based routing and event correlation
- possess strong background knowledge and experience in distributed systems or programming languages, ideally in both, demonstrated through a Ph.D. on a relevant topic and publications in respective top-tier venues.
- have excellent communication skills, be creative, and have leadership qualities.
- be proficient in spoken and written scientific English.
The Distributed Programming Group is part of the Secure Software Systems (S^3) laboratory (http://sss.cs.purdue.edu/) at Purdue University's Department of Computer Science. The department offers a wealth of training opportunities for postdoctoral researchers. The position also includes ample opportunities for co-advising graduate students and co-authoring grant proposals.
The position lasts 1 year but extensions are possible in case of successful collaboration. The funding is provided by the US NSF. Compensation is competitive.
Prospective candidates are requested to send an email containing a 1-page research statement, a CV, and 3 references. Application screening will start Feb 20 and continue until the position is filled.
Prof. Patrick Eugster
Dept. of Computer Science
305 N. University Street
West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA
Phone: +1 (765) 494 6015
Fax: +1 (765) 494 0739
Email: [log in to unmask]
To contribute to SEWORLD, send your submission to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.sigsoft.org/seworld provides more
information on SEWORLD as well as a complete archive of
messages posted to the list.