The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture
Austin, Texas, December 4-6, 2017
Twitter : @KCAP2017
== IMPORTANT DATES ==
At 23:59 Hawaii Time (HAST) for all deadlines
[[ Research and application full papers ]]
- Submission: July 28, 2017
- Notification: September 15, 2017
- Camera-ready: September 29, 2017
[[ Short papers, vision papers, and late breaking results papers ]]
- Submission: September 22, 2017
- Notification: October 16, 2017
- Camera-ready: October 23, 2017
[[ Conference ]]
Workshops/Tutorials: December 4, 2017
Main conference: December 5-6, 2017
== CFP ==
The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture aims at attracting researchers from diverse areas of Artificial Intelligence, including knowledge representation, knowledge acquisition, intelligent user interfaces, problem-solving and reasoning, planning, agents, text extraction, and machine learning, information enrichment and visualization, as well as researchers interested in cyber-infrastructures to foster the publication, retrieval, reuse, and integration of data.
Today these data come from an increasingly heterogeneous set of resources that differ with regards to their domain, media format, quality, coverage, viewpoint, bias, and so on. More than the sheer amount of these data, their heterogeneity allows us to arrive at better models and answer complex questions that cannot be addressed in isolation but require the interaction of different scientific field or perspectives.
In most cases, knowledge is not captured as a means to an end but to, for instance, to enable better user interfaces, improve retrieval beyond simple keyword search, and so forth. For K-CAP 2017, we would like to focus on the creation, enrichment, querying, and maintenance of knowledge graphs (not necessarily limited to the Semantic Web technology stack) out of heterogeneous data sources.
== RESEARCH TOPICS ==
The 9th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, K-CAP 2017, will feature a full papers track for research papers as well as an application papers track. However, this year’s edition will also include a third track for short papers, vision papers, and late breaking results with a deadline in late September. The main program will be accompanied by workshops on a range of related topics.
The special theme of the conference this year will be on **Knowledge Graphs from Heterogeneous Data**. Therefore, we especially encourage submissions of papers on the topics such as:
* Extracting knowledge graphs from unstructured/semi-structured and multi-media data
* Summarization techniques for knowledge graphs
* Visualization of knowledge graphs and visual query interfaces
* Statistical analysis from Web data
* Services and API for knowledge graphs
* Addressing scalability issues for distributed knowledge graphs
* Provenance, trust, and credibility as they relate to knowledge graphs
* Enrichment and cleaning of knowledge graphs and alignment to existing graphs
* Hybrid approaches for knowledge capture combining knowledge engineering and machine learning
* Data dynamicity, heterogeneity, and decay in knowledge intensive systems
Submissions on more general topics, traditionally covered by the K-CAP conference series, are highly encouraged, including but not restricting to:
* Knowledge acquisition
* Knowledge authoring
* Knowledge extraction
* Knowledge management
* Knowledge publication
* Knowledge capture for the Semantic Web and the Web of Linked Data
* Knowledge capture and enrichment in specific domains such as the earth sciences
* Collaborative and social approaches to knowledge management and acquisition
* Crowdsourcing for knowledge capture and refinement
* Knowledge Capture from Social Environments and Contexts
* Mixed-initiative planning and decision-support
* Problem-solving knowledge and methods
* Knowledge-based markup techniques
* Knowledge engineering and modeling methodologies
* Narrative intelligence
* Knowledge capture through storytelling
* Provenance and trust issues in knowledge intensive systems
* Services and applications that enable or utilize data capture techniques
* Semantic search and query enrichment
* Ontology engineering and engineering methodologies
* Ontology design patterns
* Similarity measurement and Analogy-based reasoning
== SUBMISSIONS ==
Regular research papers should not be longer than 8 pages, including references, while applications papers, short papers, vision papers, and late breaking results are limited to 4 pages.
For the application track, we encourage submissions of concrete applications in all the topics of the conference, as mentioned above. Submissions to the application track should present applications, tools, or environments which have been deployed and used by their target audiences such as research projects and research communities, or the industry. Accepted application papers will be presented at the conference and are also encouraged to take part in the demo session.
All papers should be submitted through Easychair (using https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=kcap2017) and should be formatted according to the ACM format (2 column SIG Conference Proceedings template) available here for Latex and here for Word.
== VENUE ==
The conference venue will be a hotel with conference facilities in Austin downtown. A block of rooms will be also made available for the conference attendants. Registration fees are expected to be approximately 425$ for students and 600-650$ for ACM and non-ACM SIG members, inclusive of coffee break and lunch costs, as well as special events held during the conference.
More information to come.
== ORGANIZING COMMITTEE ==
* Oscar Corcho, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain (General chair)
* Krzysztof Janowicz, University of California, U.S.A. (Program chair)
* Giuseppe Rizzo, Istituto Superiore Mario Boella, Italy (Workshops/Tutorials chair)
* Ilaria Tiddi, The Open University, United Kingdom (Publicity chair)
* Daniel Garijo, University of Southern California, U.S.A. (Treasurer and sponsor chair)
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org