From:
Andreas Löcken <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 2017 12:03:03 +0200
CALL FOR WORK-IN-PROGRESS PAPERS

[We apologize for cross-postings]

| AutomotiveUI ‘17: The 9th International ACM Conference on
| Automotive User Interfaces and Interactive Vehicular Applications
|
| Oldenburg, Germany, September 24 - 27, 2017
| http://www.auto-ui.org/17
| Submission system: http://precisionconference.com/~sigchi
| Author information: http://www.auto-ui.org/17/authors/work-in-progress/

Important Dates
Submission deadline: July 11, 2017
Decision notification: July 31, 2017
Camera-ready paper due: August 11, 2017

We encourage researchers and practitioners to submit Works-in-Progress
as they
provide a unique opportunity for sharing valuable ideas, eliciting useful
feedback on early-stage work, and fostering discussions and collaborations
among colleagues. Accepted submissions will be presented as a physical
poster
at the conference and made available to the AutomotiveUI community
through the
Adjunct Proceedings as an extended abstract (up to 4 pages, references
do not
count towards this limit), which is accompanied by poster version in PDF
format.

Description – AutomotiveUI
AutomotiveUI, the International ACM Conference on Automotive User Interfaces
and Interactive Vehicular Applications, is the premier forum for UI research
in the automotive domain. AutomotiveUI brings together researchers and
practitioners interested in both the technical and the human aspects of
in-vehicle user interfaces and applications. Consistent with prior
conferences, AutomotiveUI’17 will address novel in-vehicle services,
models of
and concepts for enhancing the driver experience, driver performance and
behavior, development of (semi-) autonomous driving, and the needs of
different user groups.

Description – Work-in-Progress
A Work-in-Progress is a concise report of late-breaking findings or other
types of innovative or thought-provoking work relevant for the AutomotiveUI
community.

The difference between Works-in-Progress and other contribution types (e.g.
main track papers and notes) is that a Work-in-Progress submission
represents
work that has not yet reached a level of completion that would warrant the
full refereed selection process. That said, appropriate submissions should
make a contribution to the body of AutomotiveUI knowledge, whether
realized or
promised. A significant benefit of a Work-in-Progress derives from the
discussion between the author and conference attendees that will be fostered
by the face-to-face presentation of the work. To enrich the quality of the
submission for both categories, we also encourage authors to submit a
video of
their work as supplementary material.

The Work-in-Progress category aims to attract participation from a broad
range
of disciplines covering a spectrum of topics and methodologies. We encourage
submissions from all AutomotiveUI communities.
Please note that summaries of completed work or reduced versions of main
track
AutomotiveUI submissions are inappropriate as a Work-in-Progress.
Work-in-Progress abstracts appear in the AutomotiveUI Adjunct
Proceedings. The
authors retain copyright, and the material from them can be used as the
basis
for future publications as long as there are significant revisions from the
original.

Submission
Your submissions consist of two related documents:
1. An up to four page extended abstract prepared in the CHI Extended
Abstracts
    Format (Template: https://auto-ui.github.io/Document-Formats/) and
    submitted as a PDF file. Your poster abstract should be close to
    camera-ready. Work-in-Progress submissions must be anonymous.
    Please note: Any submission longer than 4 pages (not counting