Last Call for Papers and Workshops Submission ( Friday, April 15th )
= IEEE ICDL-EPIROB 2016 =
The Sixth Joint IEEE International Conference on Development and Learning and on Epigenetic Robotics
Cergy-Pontoise / Paris, France
September 19-22th, 2016
== Conference description
IEEE ICDL-Epirob is the premier forum for advances in epigenetic robotics and developmental psychology with the focus on learning and development in biological and artificial systems. This single-track conference brings together researchers from cognitive sciences, computer sciences, and robotics to explore their shared interests in autonomous learning and development. The design and study of both robotic and simulated embodied and situated computational models that are inspired by the principles of human development will be presented at the conference. A special event -- the «Babybot challenge» — will see renowned psychologists challenging engineers and modelers in how to use the tools of developmental robotics to replicate and extend the key findings. This year, thanks to special funding from Paris-Seine University, six renowned invited speakers will cover the different facets of the conference. We invite you to participate in IEEE ICDL-Epirob by sharing your research, insights, experience, and enthusiasm.
A social event “on the paths of the impressionists” will allow you to discover the old city of Pontoise and Auvers sur Oise where Vincent Van Gogh painted some of his most famous masterpieces. Excursions to Paris, Versailles and Giverny will be proposed for spouses.
== Keynote speakers
* Tamim Asfour (http://h2t.anthropomatik.kit.edu/english/21_66.php <http://h2t.anthropomatik.kit.edu/english/21_66.php>)
* Karl Friston (http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~karl <http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~karl>)
* Julie Grezes (http://iec-lnc.ens.fr/social-cognition-group/membres-100/faculty-177/grezes-julie-dr2/?lang=en <http://iec-lnc.ens.fr/social-cognition-group/membres-100/faculty-177/grezes-julie-dr2/?lang=en>)
* Tony Prescott (https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/tony-prescott <https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/psychology/staff/academic/tony-prescott>)
* Daniela Corbetta (http://web.utk.edu/~infntlab <http://web.utk.edu/~infntlab>)
== Call for submissions of workshops and papers
We invite submissions for this exciting window into the future of developmental sciences.
Submissions which establish novel links between brain, behavior and computation are particularly encouraged.
== Topics of interest include (but are not limited to):
* the development of perceptual, motor, cognitive, emotional, social, and communication skills in biological systems and robots;
* general principles of development and learning;
* interaction of nature and nurture;
* sensitive/critical periods;
* developmental psychology;
* developmental stages;
* grounding of knowledge and development of representations;
* architectures for cognitive development and open-ended learning;
* neural plasticity;
* statistical learning;
* reward and value systems;
* intrinsic motivations, exploration and play;
* interaction of development and evolution;
* use of robots in applied settings such as autism therapy;
* epistemological foundations and philosophical issues.
Any of the topics above can be simultaneously studied from the neuroscience, psychology or modeling/robotic point of view.
== Submissions will be accepted in several formats:
1. Full six-page paper submissions: Accepted papers will be included in the conference proceedings and will be selected for either an oral presentation or a featured poster presentation. Featured posters will have a 1 minute "teaser" presentation as part of the main conference session and will be showcased in the poster sessions.
2. Two-page poster abstract submissions: To encourage discussion of late-breaking results or for work that is not sufficiently mature for a full paper, we will accept 2-page abstracts. These submissions will be included in the conference proceedings. Accepted abstracts will be presented during poster sessions.
3. Tutorials and workshops: We invite experts in different areas to organize either a tutorial or a workshop to be held on the first day of the conference. Tutorials are meant to provide insights into specific topics as well as overviews that will inform the interdisciplinary audience about the state-of-the-art in child development, neuroscience, robotics, or any of the other disciplines represented at the conference. A workshop is an opportunity to present a topic cumulatively. Workshop can be half- or full-day in duration including oral presentations as well as posters. Submission format: two pages.
== Call for Tutorials and Workshops
We invite experts in different areas to organize a tutorial or workshop, which will be held on the first day of the conference ( September 19th 2016 ). Participants in tutorials and workshops are asked to register for the main conference. Tutorials are meant to provide insights into specific topics as well as overviews that will inform the interdisciplinary audience about the state-of-the-art in child development, neuroscience, robotics, or any of the other disciplines represented at the conference. A workshop is an opportunity to present a topic cumulatively. Workshops can be half- or full-day in duration including oral presentations as well as posters.
We would like to receive applications in pdf format for organizing a workshop with the following informations:
title / workshop or tutorial
organiser's name, research structure and coordinate (email)
how many invited presentations/ and 'open' presentations
is there a call for posters?
what is the timetable
website address ?
Proposals should be sent to Sofiane Boucenna [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>, Verena Hafner [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> & Alex Pitti [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
== Important dates
* April 15th, 2016, paper and workshops submission EXTENDED DEADLINE
* June 1st, 2016, author notification
* July 1st, 2016, final version (camera ready) due
* September 19th-22nd, 2016, conference
== Program committee
* Minoru Asada Osaka (Japan).
* Philippe Gaussier, Cergy-Pontoise (France).
* Verena Hafner, Berlin (Germany)
* Alexandre Pitti, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
• David Cohen, Paris (France)
• Mathew Schlesinger, Southern Illinois (USA)
* Sofiane Boucenna, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
* Arnaud Blanchard, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
* Manuel Lopes, Bordeaux (France)
* Yulia Sandamirskaya, Zürich (Switzerland)
* Pierre Andry, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
* Nicolas Cuperlier, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
* Ghilès Mostafaoui, Cergy-Pontoise (France)
== Registration fees*
Price for : advanced / late registration
IEEE Member 380€ / 460€
Non-member 480€ / 560€
IEEE Student member 190€ / 240€
Student non-member 260€ / 280€
IEEE Life member 190€ / 240€
(*) This price includes the social dinner.
The registration form and the early registration deadline are coming soon.
== Lodging ==
We are glad to inform you that we have obtained special rates for accommodation during the ICDL-EPIROB 2016 conference (19-22 sept) :
All information (english) : http://www.olivarius-cergy.com/en/ <http://www.olivarius-cergy.com/en/>
Location : approx. 800m from the conference site (University of Cergy-Pontoise)
Pictures : http://www.olivarius-cergy.com/en/accomodation.html <http://www.olivarius-cergy.com/en/accomodation.html>
Conference special rates :
* Studio :99€ /night (instead of 124€) -
* One-bedroom apartment 40m² :109€ /night (instead of 149€) -
* Two-bedroom apartment 70m² :115€ /night (instead of 184€)
* Two bedroom apartment deluxe 120m² :180€ /night (instead of 274€)
* Two bedroom apartment duplex with terrasse 100m² : 160€ght (instead of 284€)
Please note that the rates are "per night", whatever the number of persons.
Studio are ok for 1 to 2 persons, while apartments are ok for 1 to 4 persons.
HIn order to book, please go to : http://reservation.consolemyroom.com/front126407/front.do?m=booking&custid=114&langcode=EN&hotelid=126407&hotelid=126407&specialMode=default&__utma=128665810.1307255384.1435577927.1435577927.1435577927.2&__utmb=128665810.12.10.1435577927&__utmc=128665810&__utmx=-&__utmz=128665810.1435577927.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=259507850 <http://reservation.consolemyroom.com/front126407/front.do?m=booking&custid=114&langcode=EN&hotelid=126407&hotelid=126407&specialMode=default&__utma=128665810.1307255384.1435577927.1435577927.1435577927.2&__utmb=128665810.12.10.1435577927&__utmc=128665810&__utmx=-&__utmz=128665810.1435577927.1.1.utmcsr=(direct)|utmccn=(direct)|utmcmd=(none)&__utmv=-&__utmk=259507850>
and apply the discount code : EPIROB2016 when booking
Problems for booking ? Please contact us at : [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org