From:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:39:53 +0000
** OPEN DESIGN AT THE INTERSECTION OF MAKING AND MANUFACTURING **
** CHI2017 - Saturday 6th May - http://openmakingworkshop.org  **

New digital and networked tools, technologies and techniques are placing the means of production in the hands of the many… Not since the Industrial Revolution has there been such active potential for revolutionising the relationship between makers and manufacturers!

** CALL FOR PARTICIPATION **
This one-day workshop aims to consider the opportunities for HCI at the intersection of maker culture and professional, industrial manufacturing. In particular, we are interested in exploring how the concept of open design could help to support productive interactions between professional manufacturers and non-professional makers.

We invite submissions from anyone with interests in open design, maker culture, hacking or manufacturing, who feel they would benefit from, or could provide benefit to, discussions about the challenges and opportunities at the intersections and bleeding-edge of making and manufacturing practices.

Applications should be a maximum of 4 pages and should include:

A short biography of the author(s).
*** and ***
A summary of a piece of recent work that is relevant to the topic of the workshop.
*** or ***
A provocation that articulates a key challenge relating to open design at the intersection of making and manufacturing.

For more information and to apply, please visit our website:
http://openmakingworkshop.org

** ORGANISERS **
David Green (Northumbria)
Verena Fuchsberber (Salzburg)
David Kirk (Northumbria)
Nick Taylor (Dundee)
David Chatting (Newcastle)
Janis Meissner (Newcastle)
Martin Murer (Salzburg)
Manfred Tshlegi (Salzburg)
Silvia Lindtner (Michigan)
Pernille Bjorn (Copenhagen)
Andreas Reiter (Nottingham)

** IMPORTANT DATES **
Deadline for submissions: Friday 10th February 2017
Notifications of acceptance: Friday 24th February 2017
Workshop date: Saturday 6th May 2017