From:
Patrick Crain <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Crain <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Nov 2016 14:45:18 -0500
Hello!

My name is Patrick Crain.  I am a Ph.D. student in the HCI department at the University of Iliinois at Urbana-Champaign.  My current line of research is exploring possible solutions for providing product designers with online tools and platforms for gathering effective feedback on their designs, and for generating creative inspiration for new designs.

To better understand the intentions and motivations of product designers and how they generate and revise their designs, I am seeking to interview individuals with multiple years of professional experience in the field of product design. During the interview, participants will be asked A) to describe a current or recent design project they have worked on, B) to explain when, where, and how they seek inspiration for new designs and feedback for in-progress designs, C) to state whether they make use of any online resources during their design process, and their experience doing so (or their reasons for not doing so), and D) to identify the strengths and weaknesses of their current sources of feedback.

The study has been approved by the IRB.  Interviews should take approximately 20-30 minutes.  Interested participants are invited to contact me at [log in to unmask] to set up interviews by video conference or in person.  Thank you!

Patrick Crain
Ph.D. Student
Computer Science
University of Illinois Urbana Champaign