From:
"Ross Mead (USC)" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ross Mead (USC)
Date:
Tue, 31 May 2016 23:58:12 -0700
We are an NSF-supported team that is designing *Quori*, a modular robot
platform to facilitate HRI research. We are organizing a RSS Workshop to
gather input from the community to inform the hardware and software design
of Quori. As the project progresses, we will be giving away some of these
robots as part of a prototype beta program. Please attend the workshop to
get involved.

Thanks!

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION

RSS 2016 Workshop:

A Community-Driven Modular Research Platform for Sociable Human-Robot
Interaction

LOCATION: Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA

Date: Sunday, June 19th, 2016

Time: 14:00-17:30

The goal of this workshop is to advance the process of community-informed
design and development of Quori, a low-cost robot hardware and software
platform to enable computing research in HRI. Quori is being developed by
the workshop organizers through NSF Computing Research Infrastructure
Community Infrastructure support.

The workshop will present hardware designs for Quori, along with
exploratory exercises to inform the development of proposed software
systems to better meet the needs of the research community. This workshop
will consist of hands-on activities and discussion of the Quori platform.

SCHEDULE:

* 14:00-14:15 - Welcome and Introduction: Objectives, and Hardware

* 14:15-14:30 - Hardware Session: Proposed Designs and Demos

* 14:30-15:30 - Hardware Session: Discussion

* 15:30-16:00 - Refreshment Break

* 16:00-16:15 - Software Session: Proposed Designs and Demos

* 16:15-17:15 - Software Session: Discussion

* 17:15-17:30 - Closing Remarks

WORKSHOP ORGANIZERS:

* Maja Mataric (University of Southern California)

* Mark Yim (University of Pennsylvania)

* Ross Mead (Semio)

CONTACT (please e-mail to all three of us together with any questions or
comments):

* Maja Matari ([log in to unmask])

* Mark Yim ([log in to unmask])

* Ross Mead ([log in to unmask])