Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 21:04:22 +0200
From:
Susanne Boll <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

|---------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Submission deadlines:
| Papers & Notes: May 27, 2016
| Workshops & Tutorials July 1, 2016
| WIP & Demos: August 5, 2016
| Doctoral Colloquium August 5, 2016
| Submission system: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=automotiveui2016
Author Infos: http://www.auto-ui.org/16/authors/

AutomotiveUI is the premier forum for user interface research in the automotive domain.  Attendees include researchers and practitioners interested in both the technical and the human aspects of in-vehicle user interfaces and applications.  AutomotiveUI'16 will address novel in-vehicle services, models of and concepts for enhancing the driver experience, driver performance and behavior, development of (semi) autonomous driving, and the needs of different user groups.

We are seeking proposals describing original work concerning:
•	papers
•	posters
•	workshops
•	demonstrations
•	tutorials
•	work in progress
•	the doctorial colloquium

Papers that include theoretically-based, quantitative predictions of experimental outcomes as well as validation of those outcomes, are particularly encouraged.  Further details are on the AutoUI web site, in particular format and submission details and the evaluation criteria, as well as the program, travel information, and registration.

TOPICS include, but are not limited to:

Devices & Interfaces
==========================
Multi-modal, speech, audio, gestural, natural input/output
In-car gaming, entertainment and social experiences
Interfaces for navigation
Text input and output while driving
Applications and user-interfaces for inter-vehicle communication
Sensors and context for interactive experiences in the car
Biometrics and physiological sensors as a user interface component

Automation & Instrumentation
==========================
Automated driving and interfaces for (semi) autonomous driving
Head-Up Displays (HUDs) and Augmented Reality (AR) concepts
Cooperative Driving/Connected Vehicles
Assistive technology in the vehicular context
Information access (search, browsing, etc.)
Vehicle-based apps, web/cloud enabled connectivity

Evaluation & Benchmarking
==========================
Methods and tools for automotive user-interface research, including simulation
Automotive user-interface frameworks and toolkits
Naturalistic/field studies of automotive user interfaces
Automotive user-interface standards
Modeling techniques for cognitive workload and visual demand estimation

Driver Performance & Behavior
==========================
Different user groups and user group characteristics
Subliminal cues, warnings and feedback to augment driving behavior
Emotional state recognition while driving
Detecting/ measuring driver distraction
Detecting and estimating user intentions

All accepted submissions will be included in the conference proceedings and we plan to secure publication in the ACM digital library (as for previous years) for selected categories.

We are looking forward to seeing you in Ann Arbor in October,

The AutoUI program committee:

General Chair:
Paul Green, University of Michigan

Program Co-chairs: