--- Call for Proposals to host MUM 2017 - 15th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia ---
Submission deadline: October 31, 2016.
The Steering Committee of the International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia (MUM) calls for proposals to host MUM
2017, the 16th conference in the series. MUM 2016 (http://www.mum-conf.org/2016/) will be held in Rovaniemi, Finland, on Dec 12-15,
MUM has established itself as a well-known annual international
conference, which brings together experts from both academia and industry for a fruitful exchange of ideas and discussion on future
challenges in a comfortable and effective single track conference format. MUM is typically organized in late November or early
December and with submission deadline in late August or early September provides a fast track for presenting latest research
results. MUM is organized in co-operation with corresponding ACM SIGs and conference proceedings are archived in the ACM Digital
MUM is dedicated to being an international conference, which rotates between all three areas of the globe (Europe/Africa, the
Americas and Asia/Pacific). As the 2016 conference will be held in Europe, MUM 2017 would prefer sites in the Americas or in
Asia/Pacific. However, overall proposal substance has priority over plain location.
A proposal is expected to address the following issues (please structure the proposal accordingly):
1. Conference location (international travel connections should be highlighted).
2. Conference venue(s) (conference facilities should be highlighted, the hall allocated to the main conference track should have at
least 100 seats, additional smaller rooms are needed for tutorial and workshops, all public facilities should be covered with a
proper WiFi network for Internet access).
3. Tentative dates when the conference can be held (possible overlap with competing conferences should be reported).
4. Short biographies of key persons (general chair(s), PC chair(s), local arrangements chair(s), other chairs). A proper
distribution of geographies and expertise should be pursued. Please note that a full PC is not expected to be named.
5. Proposed conference structure with daily scheduling (main conference (single track), tutorials, workshops, special
tracks/sessions, demos, doctoral colloquium, pre/post conference social program etc.) While a proposal is most welcome to follow the
structure of past MUM conferences, innovative modifications are encouraged and should be highlighted.
6. Proposed conference timeline with key dates (1st CFP distributed, 2nd CFP distributed, submission deadlines, reviews due,
notification of acceptance, camera ready version due, registration deadline).
7. Preliminary budget (itemized cost estimate, itemized funding plan including projected registration fees and potential
sponsorship). Please note that the general chair(s) assume(s) full financial responsibility for the conference.
8. Overview of local arrangements (hotel block reservations including a low-cost option, conference publicity and marketing,
conference website, paper submission system, handling of credit card payments, student volunteers, pre/post conference social
9. Description of planned ACM co-operation (identification of SIGs whose co-operation will be sought, see
The proposal should be submitted as a PDF file via email to the chair of the MUM Steering Committee, Timo Ojala
([log in to unmask]), by October 31, 2016. The Steering Committee will make its decision in November 2016, to be announced at MUM
2016 in Rovaniemi. The Steering Committee
reserves the right to correspond with bidders during the review process and to negotiate with the winning proposal about the details
of the conference.
Previous MUM conferences:
MUM 2016: Rovaniemi, Finland
MUM 2015: Linz, Austria
MUM 2014: Melbourne, Australia
MUM 2013: LuleŚ, Sweden
MUM 2012: Ulm, Germany
MUM 2011: Beijing, China
MUM 2010: Limassol, Cyprus
MUM 2009: Cambridge, UK
MUM 2008: UmeŚ, Sweden
MUM 2007: Oulu, Finland
MUM 2006: Stanford, USA
MUM 2005: Christchurch, New Zealand
MUM 2004: College Park, USA
MUM 2003: NorrkŲping, Sweden
MUM 2002: Oulu, Finland
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org