Apologies for cross posting
ACM SUI 2017 Call for Posters
October 16-17 in Brighton, United Kingdom
**** IMPORTANT DATES ****
- Poster Submissions
Submission deadline: August 11, 2017
Notification deadline: August 20, 2017
Camera-ready deadline: August 25, 2017
Early Registration: August 21, 2017
We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User
Interaction 2017, which will be co-located with the ACM Conference on
Interactive Surfaces and Spaces in Brighton, UK, by submitting a poster and
a one-page extended abstract paper. We seek posters describing work in
progress, novel ideas, novel systems, or late implementation of an
application from all areas of spatial user interaction. You will also be
able to publicise your poster during the fast-forward session at the
Posters offers you the opportunity of engaging the audience of the
Symposium at a personal level, elicit feedback on early stage work, and
discuss potential collaborations in an informal manner.
Submissions should address one or more of the topics above within spatial
user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome.
* Spatial interaction techniques
* Spatial user interface metaphors
* Spatial input devices and technology
* Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
* Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
* Collaborative interaction in 3D space
* Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
* Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
* Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
* Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
* Gesture-based spatial interaction
* Tangible spatial user interaction
* Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
* Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
* Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
- Submission Information
Poster authors are expected to prepare a final version of their one-page
extended abstract and present their poster at the symposium in a special
session. Posters must be submitted through the online submission system at
* The poster design — each poster display will have a display space of
approximately 1m wide and 2m high. Your poster must not be any larger than
these dimensions and must be in PDF format.
* An extended abstract paper PDF version of the poster (max 1 page)
prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format (http://www.acm.org/publicatio
* (Optional) A short video of up to 3 minutes long.
Please submit your extended abstract in camera-ready format. Note that
poster submissions, unlike paper submissions, are not anonymous. Extra
information, such as videos, will be taken into account during the review
process and may be included in the final publication.
Please visit our site for more information at http://www.sui2017.org/post
- Presenting at the Symposium
Please note that at least one author of each accepted poster will be
required to register to present at the symposium. If no author is
registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted poster will be
withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries.
You will be given access to a display space of approximately 1m wide by 2m
tall. You can also present a slide to be shown during the fast-forward
session at the Symposium to describe and publicise your work.
If you have any questions please email the Poster Chairs at
[log in to unmask]
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Visiting Assistant Professor
FIU VIP Coordinator
Florida International University.
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org