CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

Sender:
"ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)" <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Andy King <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 11:51:33 -0500
Hi all,

I've got a new book out that I think you folks will
be interested in.  It is called "Speed Up Your Site: Web
Site Optimization" and it is all about speed, why we need
it, and how to optimize our web sites.

This New Riders book includes two chapters on the psychology
of performance (HCI).  One on response time (citing much research)
and one on flow. As you know, speed is a key component of usability.
For more details, see the companion web site at:

http://www.WebSiteOptimization.com

Here are the requisite glowing quotes from early reviewers:

Jakob Nielsen says: "This book should be mandatory reading for all
web designers and Internet executives."

Lou Rosenfeld says: "At last, a user experience book written from
a technical perspective."

Feel free to contact me for more information.

- Andy

--
Andrew B. King     [log in to unmask]
Author of         "Speed Up Your Site: Web Site Optimization"