From:
Cristiano Storni <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Cristiano Storni <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:42:32 +0100
*** Apologies for cross-posting ***

Dear members of the CHI Community,

this might be of interest for those of you on the design side of things. We
would like to let you know that we are in the process of planning the
Design Research Society 2018 Limerick International Conference which will
be hosted by the University of Limerick and Limerick Institute of
Technology.

The general theme of the *DRS2018 Limerick* conference is
‘Design as a Catalyst for change’ www.drs2018limerick.org

The dates of the conference are *25th–28th June 2018*.

We seek Papers, case studies, or designs that act as a powerful catalyst
for change in one or more of the three areas of Design Research, Practice,
and Policy.

In DRS2018: Catalyst we will critically engage with our key research
questions:

·      *How can design research help explore the changing territorial
contexts of design practice and policy?*
·      *How can design, as a catalyst, shape the relationship between
research and practice?*
·      *How can design, and social, economic and political change, shape
each other?*

Please let us know whether you and your colleagues would be interested to
propose and organise a *specific track session*, which will be incorporated
into the Call for Papers for the upcoming DRS2018 conference.

The track proposal should consist of:

- a track session
*title,*- a proposed 2 to 3 sub-chairs for the session who together with
the chair will oversee the review process for track submissions,
- a track session outline to provide a context (up to 250 words),
- up to 5 references to indicate the track session’s scope.

If the proposed track aligns with one of the DRS SIGs please indicate which
one (the list of SIG can be access via this link http://www.
designresearchsociety.org/index.php/special-interest-groups). Examples of
DRS 2016 conference track outlines are available at these links:

https://drs2016.squarespace.com/theme-tracks-special-interest-groups/

https://drs2016.squarespace.com/track-themes/

To allow us to incorporate the track into the Call for Papers, the track
session proposals should be submitted to https://www.conftool.pro/drs2018/ on
or before the *16th May 2017*.

The Track proposals will be reviewed by the track organising committee.
Successful track proposals will be publicised on the website as part of the
conference call. Paper submissions for successful track sessions will take
place via the online submission system.

Please see: http://www.drs2018limerick.org/participation/call-tracks

Best wishes from the DRS2018 Conference Committee

--
Cristiano Storni, PhD

Lecturer, Researcher, Course Director of the MSc/MA in Interactive Media
Computer Science Building CS2-032
Interaction Design Centre
Dept. of Computer Science & Information Systems
University of Limerick - Limerick
Office: +353 61 202632
Fax: +353 61 213484

IDC personal Page <http://www.idc.ul.ie/people/cristiano-storni>
Interactive media: Imedia.csis.ul.ie <http://imedia.csis.ul.ie/>
MSc/MA in Interactive media 2017 (Brochure)
<https://www.dropbox.com/s/sg35rgxh0l0d2m8/Interactive%20Media%20Jan%202017.pdf?dl=0>
-
NEW programme!!!
New students' projects available: Digital Art Week Now (Exhibition)
<http://www.dawn.ul.ie/> 2016