From:
"Mayer, Simon" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mayer, Simon
Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:43:42 +0000
Dear colleagues,

we would like to cordially invite you to the Web of Things 2017 workshop and draw your attention to its CfP, attached below. The workshop will take place on October 22, in conjunction with the IoT 2017 conference in Linz, Austria. We are changing the format of the workshop a little bit this year: as the Web of Things has become mainstream for connecting smart physical objects, we solicit position papers and want to launch a discussion on the “Next Big Thing” for the WoT community. Further information is available in the CfP and on the WoT 2017 workshop website: http://webofthings.org/wot/wot2017

Please forward this call to everyone you think might be interested in contributing to the workshop.

Thank you very much and best wishes,
Simon, Dominique, and Matthias

=============

CALL FOR PAPERS - Eighth International Workshop on the Web of Things (WoT 2017)
in conjunction with IoT 2017, Linz, Austria, October 22, 2017.
http://www.webofthings.org/wot/
https://easychair.org/cfp/wot2017

* Workshop Abstract

The Web of Things has become mainstream: REST (though sometimes interpreted liberally) today is the de-facto standard style of how smart physical objects are connected in Internet of Things deployments. Mission Accomplished!

However, the WoT workshop series was never only about technology, but rather enabled us to establish a community of academics and practitioners who are on the forefront of research fields from real-time communication with physical objects to discovery and search, and from the composition of services provided by smart devices to resource-constrained smart environments. In this year's eighth iteration of the International Workshop on the Web of Things, we would therefore like to invite the WoT community to discuss about our Next Big Thing. We solicit short position papers that will be briefly presented, discussed, mashed up, and elaborated on in breakout sessions during the workshop in October. Our work should form the basis of a joint letter submission from the WoT community -- "The Next Big Thing according to the WoT Community" or similar -- that we will publish as a community paper (e.g., in the inaugural issue of Wiley's Internet Technology Letters).

* Important Dates

Paper submission deadline: September 18, 2017
Notification of acceptance: October 2, 2017
Camera-ready papers due: October 16, 2017
Workshop date: October 22, 2017

* Contributing to WoT 2017

WoT 2017 solicits contributions in all areas related to the future Web of Things, and we invite application designers to think beyond sensor networks and Web applications, and to imagine, design, build, evaluate, and share their thoughts and visions on what the future of the Web and networked devices will be.

Our call includes the classical Web of Things topics but also - and in particular - extends beyond these topics:

- Integration of embedded computers, wireless sensor networks, every-day appliances, smart gateways, and things using a Web approach
- Real-time communication with physical objects
- Web-based discovery, search, composition, and physical mashups
- Use of semantic technologies to facilitate the interaction with and between things on the Web
- Models, paradigms, and systems that enable the interaction with physical things for humans
- Security, privacy, access control, and sharing of physical things on the Web
- Application of Web tools and techniques in the physical world (e.g., REST, HTML5, 6lowpan, social networks)
- Cloud platforms and services for the Web of Things
- Concrete applications, use-cases, deployments, and evaluations of Web-enabled Things in contexts such as smart homes, connected cities, and Web 2.0 enterprises

Submissions to WoT 2017 should not exceed four (4) ACM proceedings format<http://www.acm.org/publications/proceedings-template> pages. Papers must be original prior unpublished work and not under review elsewhere as we plan to publish them to the ACM digital library and list them on DBLP. All submissions will be peer-reviewed and selected based on their originality, merit, and relevance to the workshop, and we will require at least one author to present the paper on-site. Contributions will undergo a double blind review process. Authors are therefore expected to remove any connection to their identity from their papers. Authors of accepted submissions will have the opportunity to update their submissions based on the reviews before the final electronic copy is due. If applicable to your contribution, we encourage authors of accepted papers to bring a prototype and demonstrate it at the workshop, as part of an open demonstration session.

All submissions will be handled electronically via our submission system<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=wot2017>. The documents should be submitted in PDF format. If your submission contains additional material (e.g., a video file) then both should be packed in one ZIP file. Again, please make sure that you removed any connection to your identity as the papers will undergo a double blind review. If you experience any problems, please contact us.

For more instructions on how to submit to WoT 2017, visit http://www.webofthings.org/wot2017

* Organizers

Simon Mayer, Siemens Corporate Technology, USA, http://www.usa.siemens.com/en/about_us/research/our-team.htm
Dominique Guinard, EVRYTHNG Ltd., UK, http://dom.guinard.org