From:
"Sturdee, Miriam" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sturdee, Miriam
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2017 09:57:51 +0000
We invite you to discuss and discover the future of sketching in HCI practice and research at our DIS2017 workshop!

We have extended the deadline for workshop submissions - if you are unable to complete your pictorial or paper by the deadline please send an expression of interest to: [log in to unmask] as soon as possible.

Call for Participation – Workshop

SketchingDIS: Hand-drawn sketching in HCI

One-day workshop at DIS 2017 Conference on Designing Interactive Systems.

Hand-drawn sketches can be an easy way for HCI researchers to communicate and express ideas, as well as to document, explore and communicate concepts between the researcher and user, collaborator, manager or client. These sketches are fast, lightweight, easy to create, and – by varying their fidelity – they can be used in all stages of the HCI research and design process. SketchingDIS will bring together researchers from various disciplines that have incorporated hand-drawn sketching into their everyday research practice, to share knowledge and methodologies, generate ideas, practice collaborative sketching, and to discuss the future of hand-drawn sketching in HCI and DIS itself.

SketchingDIS core aim is to produce articles and papers that review and promote this technique in HCI as a field.
For SketchingDIS 2017, we are accepting two types of submissions:

Original Research allows researchers to discuss previously unpublished work in the space of hand-drawn sketching in HCI. Submissions should follow DIS Extended Abstract Format with a page limit of 8 pages (including references).
Research Highlights allows researchers to share work relevant to SketchingDIS areas of interest, which was accepted for publication and/or presented at other venues. These submissions should include only the abstract of the original publication and a brief summary with images explaining this work’s significance for SketchingDIS.

Submission information

Submissions should follow SIGCHI Extended Abstracts Format (2016) with a page limit of 6 pages (including references).

Authors are encouraged to present their research in highly visual ways e.g. pictorial. Visual components, such as researcher and or user sketches, annotated sketches and sketch production photographs, should be shown as equal or more important than the text. We hope this format will foster greater sharing and discussion of knowledge and methods.

All submissions will be regarded as the final publication-ready version of your submission. Therefore, submissions must be clearly written, carefully proofread and correctly formatted. Accepted submissions will be published on the SketchingDIS website.

Authors retain all copyright.

Please submit your paper to: [log in to unmask]

Important dates
Call for Papers opens: 24 March 2017
Participants’ final submissions: (on or before): 6th May 2017
Notification of acceptance: 7th May 2017
Workshop day:  Saturday 10th June 2017

Conference website: http://dis2017.org/workshop-program/