Sender:
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2017 12:15:17 +0000
From:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
  We are proud to invite participation in the National Academy of Sciences Sackler Student Fellows Symposium on March 12, 2018 in Washington, DC., titled Role/Play: Collaborative Creativity and Creative Collaborations. This day-long event for 50+ graduate students enrolled in North American universities will be followed by the March 13-14, 2018 Sackler Colloquium:

    Creativity and Collaboration: Revisiting Cybernetic Serendipity

      www.nasonline.org/Sackler-Creativity-Collaboration<http://www.nasonline.org/Sackler-Creativity-Collaboration>

We seek proposals from graduate students in multiple fields and disciplines including art, engineering, medicine, biology, ecology, design, computer science, human-computer interaction, and many others. Graduate students who are working with hybrid approaches to these disciplines-whether individually or as part of a collaboration-should submit a 150-word abstract to propose either a 15-minute talk, a 6-minute presentation, or a piece for a poster session/creative exhibition which will make up a large part of the content for this symposium.

Submissions are due by November 15, 2017.

Selected students will be considered for travel stipends depending on distance traveled. All selected students will receive free registration for all three days of events, including dinners on Sunday and Monday, plus three lunches. We will finalize student selections and stipends by December 1, 2017.

Please pass the invitation on to graduate students who might participate in this historic event.

    Our ambition is to redirect the history of ideas, restoring the Leonardo-like close linkage between art/design and science/engineering/medicine.  We believe that internet-enabled collaborations can make more people more creative more of the time.

   Please visit the website for more information on the Student Fellows Symposium, see the agenda for the Sackler Colloquium, and encourage students to apply for participation.

             Sincerely...

                    Liese Zahabi & Molly Morin, Student Fellows Symposium Chairs
                    Ben Shneiderman, Sackler Colloquium Chair