Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 10:46:27 -0500
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Lin-Lin Chen <[log in to unmask]>
International Journal of Design --- Call For Papers
Special Issue on Designing for Systems of Smart Things
Full Paper Due: 15 April 2017

Systems of smart things, or IoT systems, have entered our everyday life and are shaping and enriching it in many ways. Yet design and design research have lagged behind in exploring the fascinating qualities of these systems of connected things, with their inherent complexities and emerging properties. Our next special issue of the International Journal of Design, therefore, aims at establishing a platform for design research on systems of smart things. We hope this platform will become a means for shedding light on the social, theoretical, technological, and philosophical challenges of designing these systems.

Schedule
  Full Paper Due: 15 April 2017
  Notification of Review Results: 30 June 2017
  Final Version of Paper Due: 1 August 2017
  Notification of Acceptance: 15 August 2017
  Special Issue Publication Date: 31 October 2017

Special Issue Editors
  Berry Eggen & Mathias Funk, Eindhoven University of Technology
  Jane Y. J. Hsu, National Taiwan University & NTU IoX Center

Announcement and Submission Instructions
http://www.ijdesign.org/ojs/index.php/IJDesign/announcement

Flyer
http://www.ijdesign.org/materials/IJD2017_Special_Issue_IoT.pdf