[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this invitation]
The 4th IEEE International Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing systems,
Management, and Security (MCSMS-2018)
in conjunction with
The IEEE Third International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
(FMEC 2018) <http://emergingtechnet.org/FMEC2018/index.php>
Barcelona, Spain. April 23-26, 2018
* (Technically Co-Sponsored by IEEE Spain Section)*
*Call for Papers:*
With a Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) market value of US$9.5 billion in 2014
and with more than 1 trillion cloud-ready devices in the next four years,
MCC is considered as one of today's hottest new technologies in both
academia and industry. MCC integrates different major technologies such as
smart devices technologies (phones, tablets, watches, …etc), cloud
services, big data, and cloud computing in one platform that services the
end users. Despite the rapid growth of MCC, many issues are still
challenging and need to be addressed. These challenges are related to the
underlying networks, cloud services, security, the required Quality of
Service, the availability of services, the needed user data management, and
many others. The International Workshop on Mobile Cloud Computing systems,
Management, and Security (MCSMS) is introduced as a forum for scientists,
researchers, students, and practitioners to present their latest research
results, ideas, and developments in the area of Mobile Cloud Computing that
addresses the aforementioned challenges. MCSMS 2018 workshop aims to
investigate the opportunities and requirements for Mobile Cloud Computing,
as well as Fog and Edge Computing domains. The objective of MCSMS2018 is to
provide a forum for scientists, engineers, and researchers to discuss their
research and results on all aspects of Mobile Cloud Computing (MCC) as well
as Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC). Researchers are encouraged to
submit original research contributions in all major areas, which include,
but not limited to:
* Mobile Cloud Computing Systems.
* Mobile Cloud Computing Security and Privacy Issues.
* Mobile Cloud Computing Pricing and billing models.
* Mobile Cloud Computing support for VANETS and MANETS
* Cloudlet based computing
* Lightweight authentication mechanisms in Mobile Cloud Computing
* Access Control models in Mobile Cloud Computing.
* Identification of incentives for FMEC service providers.
* The future perspective for Mobile Cloud Computing: Challenges and Open
* Mobile Cloud Computing Quality of Service (QoS) improvements techniques.
* Mobile Cloud Computing architecture features and evolution.
* Mobile Cloud Computing Networking and Communication considerations
* Mobile Cloud Computing Software development platform and enabled new
* Mobile Cloud Computing Power Efficiency for resources and networking
* Mobile Cloud Computing Availability and Quality of Service.
* Security and privacy of mobile cloud computing
* Mobile Cloud Computing Resource Management, Optimization, and Migration
* Mobile Cloud Computing Support for Multimedia Communication and Game
* Mobile Cloud Computing Support for Big Data Management
* Mobile Cloud Computing intrusion detection systems
* Security of pricing and billing for mobile cloud computing services
* Security of mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of mobile commerce and mobile Internet of Things
* Security of mobile social networks
* Security and privacy in smartphone devices
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Security of Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Network virtualization and cloud-based radio access networks
Submission Date: January 31st . 2018
Notification to Authors: February 20th, 2018
Camera Ready Submission: March 5th, 2018
*Instructions for Authors*
Prospective authors are invited to submit full papers of up to 6 pages,
strictly following the IEEE Proceedings Templates. Submitted papers will be
peer-reviewed. At least one of the authors of any accepted paper should
register and present the paper at the workshop. Only the presented will
appear in the conference proceedings and will be submitted for IEEE to be
included in IEEE Xplore. Please submit your paper in PDF format via the
electronic submission system
*Journal Special Issues:*
Selected papers from the will be invited to submit an extended version to
the following journal. Papers will be selected based on their reviewers’
scores and appropriateness to the Journal’s theme.
* Cluster Computing Journal (IF: 2.04) - Springer
* Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience Journal (IF: 1.13) -
* Andy Rindos, IBM research, USA.
* Syed Hassan Ahmed, University of Central Florida, USA ([log in to unmask]).
Technical Program Co-Chairs:
* Hideaki Nii, IIJ Innovation Institute Inc., Japan
* Houbing Song, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA.
* Ismaeel Al-Ridhawi, American University of the Middle East, Kuwait
* Elhadj Benkhelifa, Staffordshire University, UK.
* Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece
* Lo'ai Tawalbeh, UCSB, USA
* Shingo Yamaguchi, Yamaguchi University, Japan
* Paolo Bellavista, University of Bologna, Italy
* Danda Rawat, Howard University, USA.
Please send any inquiry on MCSMS 2018 to Syed Hassan Ahmed (
[log in to unmask])
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org