The TVX 2018 Long and Short paper deadline has been extended by a week.
Deadlines in the new year are always difficult and we appreciate the pressure this places on the community, so we have extended the deadline by 7 days and encourage your submissions.
EXTENDED DEADLINE: February 9th 2018
ACM TVX (Interactive Experiences for Television and Online Video) is the leading international conference for research into online video, TV interaction and user experience. It is a multi-disciplinary conference and we welcome submissions in a broad range of topics, listed below:
More information is available on Long and Short paper submissions at:
If you have any questions not answered on the website, get in touch with us at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
We look forward to seeing you in Korea in June 2018!
Tom Bartindale (Newcastle University, UK), Wei-Tsang Ooi (National University of Singapore, SINGAPORE), Vinoba Vinayagamoorthy (BBC Research + Development, UK) - The TVX 2018 Technical Programme Committee
This year at TVX2018 we have introduced two hot topics: “AI/Big Data” and “Social Computing”, and encourage authors to submit in the following areas:
- AI/Big Data Use of big data: AI, deep learning and machine learning approaches to increase value of content and experience. This can include advanced computational systems based on content and/or user generated data to support content production, recommendation systems, interactive/synchronous environments, collective intelligence and crowdsourcing, or location-based and context-aware applications and services.
- Alternate Realities: Explorations of augmented, mixed and virtual reality, UHD TV, second third and fourth screens for content production, delivery and consumption. Novel forms of content production and content consumption using purpose-built head mounted devices as a stand alone experience or in combination with traditional viewing devices. Studies into how users respond to alternate reality experiences and how engaging/limiting they might find these forms of content consumption. Methodologies to evaluate added value and encouraging repeat consumption.
- Social Computing: Media consumption and production space with social technologies, IoT, social media and connected viewing.
- User experience & interaction design: how and why people consume and interact with online video and television (and with each other) and how such systems should be designed to provide easy, efficient, engaging and novel user experiences, including social aspects. This includes novel user interface designs, interaction system designs, architecture, user-centered design methods and approaches, and quality of experience measurement and monitoring.
- Content production: Content production paradigms including cross-platform services, interactive and transmedia storytelling, personalization, and immersive media production.
- Systems & infrastructures: The architecture, design, deployment, and evaluation of systems and infrastructures that support TV and online video, including the delivery, transmission, and synchronization of media in scenarios such as entertainment, gaming, education, and healthcare.
- Devices & interaction techniques: The design, architecture, usage and evaluation of devices and interaction techniques that enable a connected ecosystem of devices and create valuable new capabilities for online video and television.
- Media studies: consumption practices, changing behavior as well as adoption and domestication of new TV-related services, and quality of experience. This topic also includes research on ethical, regulatory, and policy issues as well as novel mechanisms for evaluating and measuring the impact of TV and online video.
- Business models & marketing: novel business models and marketing strategies for the new media landscape of TV and online video (for example OTT services). This topic includes studies around novel ways of advertising models and strategies (for example targeted advertising, programmatic buying).
- Innovative concepts and media art: innovative design strategies, new concepts, and prototype experiences for TV and online video, including case studies and media artworks and performances
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org