*** Sorry for cross-posting ***
***** ACM SUI 2017 *****
ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction in Brighton, UK
Full and Short papers deadline: June 30th 2017
More info at: http://www.sui2017.org/authors/
Twitter: @ACM_SUI FB: SpatialUserInteraction
****** ****** ****** ******
We have some exciting news for SUI 2017. The best full and short papers
will be granted the possibility to present again at ACM Interactive
Surfaces and Spaces 2017 (ISS), which will be held immediately after SUI
(also in Brighton).
This year, Alex Schwartz, CEO of Owlchemy Labs, of Job Simulator fame, will
give a keynote titled "Intuitive Spatial Interactions in VR".
More info at: http://www.sui2017.org/keynote/
We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User
Interaction 2017 (SUI) in Brighton, UK. We seek unpublished papers
documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or
novel applications, from all areas of spatial user interaction. User
interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this
venue. Specific topics of interest include:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
The symposium invites full and short paper submissions. Papers are of
variable length, with length based on the required detail for the
- Full papers (normally 8 pages, maximum 10) should describe research or
design work within the scope of spatial user interaction.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages) should address the same topic, but may
include preliminary results or conceptual ideas.
Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing
process, led by an international program committee. Submissions must not be
previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be
submitted or under review by any other publication venue during SUI 2017's
All submissions should be prepared in the ACM SIG Proceedings format (
Supplementary videos are strongly encouraged, but not required. Submissions
should address one or more of the topics above within spatial user
interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome.
Accepted work will be archived in the ACM Digital Library, and will be
provided as open-access for the first month following the symposium. Please
note that at least one author of each accepted submission will be required
to register to present at the symposium. If no author is registered by the
early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the
proceedings and digital libraries.
- Paper deadline 30 June 2017
- Notifications: 4 August 2017
- Camera Ready: 11 August 2017
Please visit http://www.sui2017.org for the most up-to-date submission
instructions and deadlines.
Questions should be directed to the SUI 2017 Program Chairs through email:
[log in to unmask]
- Kyle Johnsen, University of Georgia, USA.
- Rob Teather, Carleton University, Canada.
- Christian Sandor, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan.
- Fernando Argelaguet Sanz, IRISA/Inria Rennes, France.
- Gerd Bruder, University of Central Florida, USA.
- Jian Chen, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA.
- Isaac Cho, The University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA.
- Sabine Coquillart, Inria, France.
- Barrett Ens, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- Victoria Interrante, University of Minnesota, USA.
- Tobias Isenberg, Inria-Saclay / Université Paris Saclay, France.
- Daisuke Iwai, Osaka University, Japan.
- Andrea Kleinsmith, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, USA.
- Manfred Lau, Lancaster University, UK.
- Robert Lindeman, University of Canterbury, New Zealand.
- Aditi Majumder, University of California, Irvine, USA.
- Diego Martinez Plasencia, University of Sussex, UK.
- Ryan P. McMahan, University of Texas at Dallas, USA.
- Betty Mohler, Max-Planck-Campus Tübingen, Germany.
- Luciana Nedel, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- Francisco Ortega, Florida International University, USA.
- Alexander Plopski, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan.
- Wendy Powell, University of Portsmouth, UK.
- John Quarles, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA.
- Adrian Reetz, University of Waterloo, Canada.
- Amela Sadagic, Naval Postgraduate School, USA.
- Betsy Williams Sanders, Rhodes College, USA.
- Stefania Serafin, Aalborg University, Denmark.
- Kazuki Takashima, Tohoku University, Japan.
- Laura Trutoiu, Magic Leap, USA.
- Dimitar Valkov, Universität Münster, Germany.
Francisco R. Ortega, Ph.D.
Computer Science - 3D User Interfaces
Visiting Assistant Professor
FIU VIP Coordinator
Florida International University.
"No me quieras porque gané, necesito que me quieras para ganar" -- Marcelo
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org