[Apologies if you got multiple copies of this email.]
Call for Papers: The 2018 ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor
Systems (SenSys 2018)
**** ACM SenSys 2018 ****
November 4-7, 2018
The ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems (SenSys 2018) is
the premier computer systems conference focused on the architecture,
design, implementation, and performance of networked sensing systems,
sensor-oriented data modeling, and analytics, in addition to sensor-enabled
applications. ACM SenSys brings together academic, industry, and government
professionals to a single-track, highly selective forum, that takes a broad
view on the areas of computing that are relevant to the future of sensor
systems. Topics of interests include, but are not limited to, the following:
- New platforms and hardware designs for networked sensor systems
- Systems software, including operating systems and network stacks
- Low power operation, energy harvesting, and energy management
- Applications, and deployment experiences (such as smart cities, wellness
and healthcare sensing, and industrial process monitoring)
- Resource-efficient machine learning for embedded and mobile platforms
- Wireless media access control, network, and transport-layer protocol
- New communication paradigms for ubiquitous connectivity
- Innovations in learning algorithms and models for sensor perception and
- Mobile and pervasive systems, including personal wearable devices,
drones, and robots
- Sensing, actuation, and control
- System services such as time and location estimation
- Data management and analytics, including quality, integrity, and
- Learning, adaptation, and autonomy in cyber-physical systems
- Heterogeneous collaborative sensing, including human-robot sensor systems
- Fault-tolerance, reliability, and verification
- Security and privacy in sensor-enabled applications and systems
We invite technical papers describing original ideas, ground-breaking
results, and real-world experiences involving innovative sensor systems.
Successful submissions will explain why the topic is relevant to a vision
of the future of sensing systems. Submissions will be judged on
originality, significance, clarity, relevance, and correctness. In addition
to citing relevant, published work, authors must cite and relate their
submissions to relevant prior publications of their own. Ethical approval
for experiments with human subjects should be demonstrated as part of the
**** Important Dates ****
- Paper Registration and Abstract: April 1, 2018, 11:59 PM GMT.
- Paper Submission Deadline: April 8, 2018, 11:59 PM GMT.
- Notification of Paper Acceptance: July 20, 2018, 11:59 PM GMT.
- Paper Acceptance Notification: 20th July 2018 GMT.
- Camera-Ready Deadline: 20th Sept 2018 GMT.
Note: These are hard deadlines. No extension will be granted.
For detailed information about the program and submission guideline, please
General Chairs: Lin Zhang (Tsinghua-Berkeley Shenzhen Institute), Pei Zhang
(Carnegie Mellon University)
Program Chairs: Tian He (University of Minnesota), Nic Lane (University of
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org