Date:
Thu, 3 Jan 2019 10:48:00 +0000
Sender:
From:
"Angelika Strohmayer (PGR)" <[log in to unmask]>
We would like to invite you to take part in a one-day workshop to be held on Sunday May 5th at CHI2019. With this workshop, we proactively take part in building a more inclusive CHI community. We do this in a highly interactive one-day workshop where we will first reflect on current privilege, marginalisation, and inclusion in our community, and then develop actionable ideas on how to improve inclusion at CHI2019 and future HCI events.

We welcome submissions from anyone who is concerned about inclusion at CHI and HCI more widely, and who would like to play a part in building a better future for our discipline. In order to take part, we ask you to write a brief (max. 3 pages including references and short bio) personal statement in the Extended Abstract format. Submissions should address one or more of the following questions - or a related question that is important to you and could also be important to others. They should be sent in PDF format by the 1st of February 2019 to [log in to unmask]:
• I think inclusion is an important aspect of the CHI community, because…
• I think we could improve inclusion at CHI by…
• I have been involved in campaigning for a cause related to …, and think that we can learn from this activity and improve inclusion at CHI by...

Admittance will be on the basis of workshop relevance, and the potential of contribution to discussions and actions, as reviewed by the workshop organisers. We want to stress again here, that no prior experience or research in this field is necessary to take part in the workshop - only a willingness to take part in making HCI more inclusive! If accepted, we require that at least one author of the submission attends the workshop, who must also register for at least one day of the conference.

For more information on the workshop, please visit: https://chinclusive.glitch.me/

Cheers,
Angelika (on behalf of workshop organisers)