From:
Bastian Pfleging <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bastian Pfleging <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Sep 2017 00:50:03 +0200
You have registered for MobileHCI 2017?
Don't forget to also sign up and join Workshops & Tutorials
(https://mobilehci.acm.org/2017/tutorials-about.html)

In our tutorial "The Car as an Environment for Mobile Devices", we will
present an introduction and overview of the automotive domain and show
what to keep in mind when fusing the automotive and mobile world.

| MobileHCI '17
| Vienna, Austria, September 4-7, 2017
| https://mobilehci.acm.org/2017/#
|
| Tutorial 2: Automotive User Interfaces as a Specific Environment for
Mobile Devices
| http://www.medien.ifi.lmu.de/forschung/konferenzen/mhci17auto/
|
| Registration: As part of the MobileHCI registration process:
| https://mobilehci.acm.org/2017/tutorials-about.html#
Dates
======
Regular registration end: September 3, 2017
Conference: September 04-07, 2017
Tutorial 2: Monday, September 04, 2017, 08:45-10:45 (room "Rote Bar")

The objective of this tutorial is to provide MobileHCI newcomers to the
domain of automotive user interfaces (AutomotiveUI) with an introduction
and overview of the field. The tutorial will introduce the specifics and
challenges of in-vehicle user interfaces that set this field apart from
others. With a clear focus on the integration of mobile devices into the
car, we will provide an overview of the specific requirements of
AutomotiveUI, discuss the design of such interfaces, also with regard to
standards and guidelines. We further outline how to evaluate interfaces
in the car, discuss the challenges with upcoming automated driving and
present trends and challenges in this domain.

The course is scheduled for Monday morning (September 04, 2017). A short
description can be found below, for more details, please have a look at
our website
(http://www.medien.ifi.lmu.de/forschung/konferenzen/mhci17auto/). Feel
free to forward to others who may want to attend.  Also we are more than
happy to answer questions you may have about the course!

You can sign up as part of the MobileHCI online registration
(https://mobilehci.acm.org/2017/tutorials-about.html#). When signing up
for tutorials, admission to all tutorials on that day (2 tracks in
parallel!) is included. If you have already registered for MobileHCI,
you can still access your registration and add the tutorial registration.

Kind regards,

Nora Broy (BMW Group), Bastian Pfleging (LMU Munich), and Andrew Kun
(University of New Hampshire)

--
Dr. Bastian Pfleging

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München