From:
Hatice Gunes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hatice Gunes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2017 11:59:30 -0000
----------------------------------

****** Call for Senior and Junior Candidates for the Executive Committee of
AAAC (Humaine Association) ******

----------------------------------

The Association for the Advancement of Affective Computing (AAAC, former
Humaine Association) is dedicated to advancing research on Affective
Computing, a principle component of which is the Affective Computing
Conference (ACII) and the journal, IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing.

Every two years the Association elects new members to its Executive
Committee. This year we have up to 10 vacancies and we are calling for both
senior and junior candidates.

As we would like to actively engage the new generation of affective
computing researchers in the decision making processes, in addition to
senior EC candidates, this year we are calling for junior EC candidates as
well.

Members of the AAAC EC are responsible for the actions performed on behalf
of the Association including decisions related to the ACII conference venue,
election of president-elect, and activities to enhance the reach and impact
of the organization. The first duty of the members of the newly constituted
EC will be to elect the President-Elect.

Any active member can be a candidate (to become a member of AAAC visit:
<http://emotion-research.net/> http://emotion-research.net/).

To apply to become a member the Executive Committee of AAAC, you need to
express your interest and send a one-paragraph short biography of yourself
and a one-paragraph description of what you intend to do as EC-member.

All applications should be sent by email to: president (AT)
emotion-research.net and Hatice.Gunes(AT)cl.cam.ac.uk with the subject line:
"[AAAC 2018 EC Election] YOUR-NAME"

The deadline to send applications is *** 31 December 2017 ***.

Once we receive the applications, we will conduct an online voting procedure
in January 2018 and the results will be announced by email and on the
website.  Details of the voting procedure will be sent in a separate email
to active members on a later date.

Best Regards,

AAAC Management Board

---

Dr Hatice Gunes

Senior Lecturer

University of Cambridge, Computer Laboratory

William Gates Building, 15 JJ Thomson Avenue
Cambridge CB3 0FD, UK

Phone: +44 12237-63684

Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

Web:  <http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~hg410/> http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~hg410/