We invite you to participate in the ACM Symposium on Spatial User Interaction 2018 (SUI). SUI will be held on 13-14 October 2018 at the Park Inn Hotel in Alexanderplatz, Berlin. The symposium will be followed by the ACM User Interface Software and Technology Symposium (UIST) in Berlin, Germany. We seek original, unpublished papers documenting original research contributions, practice and experience, or novel applications, from all areas of spatial user interaction. User interface evaluations are strongly encouraged for every publication in this venue. Specific topics of interest include:
- Spatial interaction techniques
- Spatial user interface metaphors
- Spatial input devices and technology
- Interaction on spatial, stereoscopic, and 3D displays
- Evaluation methods for spatial user interaction
- Collaborative interaction in 3D space
- Design and user experience (UX) for spatial user interaction
- Applications of human spatial perception to interaction
- Adaptive and perceptual-inspired spatial user interaction
- Applications of spatial UIs, such as games, entertainment, CAD, education
- Gesture-based spatial interaction
- Tangible spatial user interaction
- Multi-touch technologies for spatial user interaction
- Desktop interfaces for spatial interaction
- Multisensory and other novel forms of spatial user interaction
The symposium invites full and short paper submissions. Papers are of variable length, with length based on the required detail for the contribution.
- Full papers (normally 8 pages, maximum 10) should describe research or design work within the scope of spatial user interaction.
- Short papers (up to 4 pages) should address the same topic, but may include preliminary results or conceptual ideas.
Submitted papers should be anonymous for the double blind reviewing process, led by an international program committee. Submissions must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere and must not be submitted or under review by any other publication venue during SUI 2018's reviewing period.
All submissions should be prepared in the Standard ACM Proceedings format, available at http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html. For examples, please refer to sample-sigconf.pdf (latex) and ACM_SigConf.pdf (word) from the downloads on that page. Supplementary videos are strongly encouraged, but not required. Submissions should address one or more of the topics above within spatial user interaction. Unlisted but strongly related topics are also welcome.
Accepted work will be archived in the ACM Digital Library, and will be provided as open-access for the first month following the symposium. Please note that at least one author of each accepted submission will be required to register to present at the symposium. If no author is registered by the early registration deadline, the accepted work will be withdrawn from the proceedings and digital libraries. Selected SUI papers will be presented in a special poster track at UIST.
- Paper deadline: 30 June 2018
- Notifications: 4 August 2018
- Camera Ready: 11 August 2018
SUI 2018 will have keynotes by Alex Olwal (Google) and Gregory F. Welch (University of Central Florida).
Please visit https://sui.acm.org for the most up-to-date submission instructions and deadlines.
Questions should be directed to the SUI 2018 Program Chairs through email: [log in to unmask]
- Christian Sandor, Nara Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Stefania Serafin, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Kyle Johnsen, University of Georgia, USA
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org