From:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:07:33 +0000
What is the spirit of SIGCHI?
How has the CHI Community functioned so successfully for 35 years?

The SIGCHI Executive Council sponsored Scott Kushner, Asst Prof of Communication Studies, Univ. of Rhode Island's Harrington School of Communication & Media, to dig into and tell the story of the CHI Community. His three 2-minute videos use my photo collection and the voices of CHI leaders to reflect on how the CHI Community is BIG, BOLD and GENEROUS.

    https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bold+interactive+generous+chi+2017

These videos were shown at the CHI2017 Denver Conference and are now available for you to enjoy and show to your colleagues and students. The CHI Community has been remarkably successful with its sustained growth and astonishing impact. Scott Kushner's videos are one way that we can be telling and spreading its inspirational stories.

Visit the project website to learn more:
   http://be.boldinteractivegenerous.com/

    --Ben

Ben Shneiderman                 [log in to unmask]
Dept of Computer Science   www.cs.umd.edu/~ben
AV Williams Building            @benbendc
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742

Distinguished University Professor
UM Institute for Advanced Computer Studies
Member, National Academy of Engineering
Fellow AAAS, ACM, IEEE, NAI, SIGCHI Academy