From:
Katrien Verbert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Katrien Verbert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2018 10:23:45 +0100
The HCI research group <http://hci.cs.kuleuven.be/> at KU Leuven in Belgium is looking for new members to join our team! Research in the HCI group of the Department of Computer Science, KU Leuven, focuses on how people interact with information, relying on language technology (including text and multimedia mining), visualization and computer graphics. The focus is on new algorithms and interaction techniques, using the full spectrum of hardware from small mobile devices to large multi-touch displays. Applications include learning analytics, music information retrieval, precision agriculture, digital humanities and virtual worlds.

We have two open PhD positions (fully funded) on visual analytics and decision support systems.

Position 1: The focus of the research for representing uncertainty in visual analytics applications as well as increasing user trust in predictions. The overall objective is to research meaningful visualisations for large and heterogeneous datasets, taking into account the aspects of data quality and uncertainty. In addition, we are researching how we can increase user trust and confidence in prediction models. The research is funded by the H2020 BigDataGrapes project. More information is available at: https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/#/vacatures/54548990

Position 2: The focus of the research is on talent and behaviour-driven learning dashboards. More information is available at: https://icts.kuleuven.be/apps/jobsite/#/vacatures/54554137?hl=en&lang=en

We expect from applicants:
- an excellent Master's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- a very good background and interest in human-computer interaction research
- strong programming skills and the ability to do independent research
- strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- a high level of proficiency in English, both spoken and written.

Questions can be sent to [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]> or [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>