From:
"Anthony,Lisa" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anthony,Lisa
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2017 14:18:05 +0000
ICMI 2017: 19th ACM International Conference on Multimodal Interaction

Glasgow, Scotland, 13 - 17 November, 2017

(**and find me at CHI if you're here and interested in submitting!! *Lisa)

CALL FOR DOCTORAL CONSORTIUM CONTRIBUTIONS**:

The goal of the ICMI Doctoral Consortium is to provide PhD students with an opportunity to present their work to a group of mentors and peers from a diverse set of academic and industrial institutions, to receive feedback on their doctoral research plan and progress, and to build a cohort of young researchers interested in designing and developing multimodal interfaces and interaction. We invite students from all PhD granting institutions who are in the process of forming or carrying out a plan for their PhD research in the area of designing and developing multimodal interfaces. The Consortium will be held on November 13th, 2017. We expect to provide economic support to most attendees that will cover part of their costs (travel, registration, meals etc.).

HIGHLIGHTS:

*  Submission deadline: July 3rd, 2017
*  Notifications: August 3rd, 2017
*  Camera-ready deadline: September 22th, 2017
*  Doctoral Consortium Date: November 13th, 2017
*  Submission format: Four-page, ACM SIG proceedings format (http://www.acm.org/sigs/publications/proceedings-templates). NOT anonymous.
*  Selection process: Peer-Reviewed
*  Presentation format: Talk on consortium day and participation in the conference poster session
*  Proceedings: Included in conference proceedings and ACM Digital Library
*  Doctoral Consortium Co-chairs: Lisa Anthony (University of Florida) and Marco Cristani (University of Verona)

WHO SHOULD APPLY?

While we encourage applications from students at any stage of doctoral training, the doctoral consortium will benefit most the students who are in the process of forming or developing their doctoral research. These students will have passed their qualifiers or have completed the majority of their coursework, will be planning or developing their dissertation research, but will not be very close to completing their dissertation research. Students from any PhD granting institution whose research falls within designing and developing multimodal interfaces and interaction are encouraged to apply.

QUESTIONS?

For more information and updates on the ICMI 2017 Doctoral Consortium, visit the Doctoral Consortium Call for Papers page of the main conference website (https://icmi.acm.org/2017/index.php?id=cfdc).

For further questions, contact the Doctoral Consortium co-chairs ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
*  Lisa Anthony, University of Florida, USA
* Marco Cristani, University of Verona, IT

?

--
*Lisa Anthony, PhD
Assistant Professor, University of Florida