CALL FOR WORKSHOP PROPOSALS
IEEE International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications
March 19-23, 2018<http://airmail.calendar/2018-03-19%2012:00:00%20GMT> - Athens, Greece
*** Submission Deadline --- June 2, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-06-02%2012:00:00%20BST> ****
IEEE PerCom is the premier conference for presenting scholarly research in pervasive computing and communications. Advances in this field are leading to innovative platforms, protocols, systems, and applications for always-on, always-connected services.
The PerCom 2018 Workshop Committee invites proposals for one-day or half-day workshops affiliated with the conference. The purpose of the workshops is to provide a venue for presenting novel ideas in a less formal and typically more focused area than the main conference. Note that PerCom workshops are expected to stimulate discussions on state-of-the-art, emerging, visionary, and perhaps controversial topics. Workshops should be organized to promote such lively interaction. Plans to promote interaction and discussion should be clearly addressed in the workshop proposals. The organizers of accepted workshops are required to announce the workshop and call for papers, solicit submissions, conduct the reviewing process, and decide upon the final workshop program. At least one organizer must be physically present at the workshop.
Workshops proposals are solicited in all areas and topics pertaining to research and applications in pervasive computing and communications. Workshops addressing new emerging research directions in pervasive computing and communication are especially welcome and encouraged. Workshop papers will be included and indexed in the IEEE digital libraries (Xplore). The page limits for accepted regular workshop papers are 6 pages, including all figures, tables, and references.
==Proposal Submission Guidelines==
Each workshop proposal must include:
1. The workshop title and acronym.
2. The name, address, and a short bio of up to 200 words for each of the workshopsí organizers; workshops may have up to three organizers, and should have organizers from at least two different institutions.
3. A brief description (up to 1 page) of the technical issues that the workshop will address, and the reasons why the workshop is of interest to the PerCom community at this time. Please also include a short discussion of related workshops and conferences and outline why the proposed workshop is unique.
4. The names of potential program committee members.
5. Description of the communities/groups the workshop aims to attract.
6. The planned format of the workshop, including a strategy to facilitate lively and interactive discussions.
7. If applicable, a description of past version(s) of the workshop, including: number of submitted and accepted papers and number of attendees. Please also clarify the differences between the proposed edition of the workshop and previous edition(s).
8. If the workshop does not have any past history, an estimate of the expected number of submitted and accepted papers, and of the expected number of attendees.
9. A description of the publicity plan.
10. A preliminary call for papers.
11. The workshop website address (preliminary).
Workshop proposals should be submitted (in PDF format) no later than June 2, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-06-02%2012:00:00%20BST> by e-mail to the PerCom 2018 Workshop Co-chairs ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), with "PerCom 2018 Workshop Proposal" in the subject. Workshops will be held immediately prior to, or immediately after, the main conference.
- Workshop proposal submission deadline: June 2, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-06-02%2012:00:00%20BST>
- Notification: June 23, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-06-23%2012:00:00%20BST>
==Tentative Schedule for Workshops==
- Deadline for Workshop Papers: November 11, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-11-11%2012:00:00%20GMT>
- Notification of Workshop Papers: December 23, 2017<http://airmail.calendar/2017-12-23%2012:00:00%20GMT>
- Workshop dates: March 19, 2018<http://airmail.calendar/2018-03-19%2012:00:00%20GMT> and March 23, 2018<http://airmail.calendar/2018-03-23%2012:00:00%20GMT>.
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org