From:
Nick Bryan-Kinns <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nick Bryan-Kinns <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:23:33 +0000
We have a small number of PhD scholarships available for UK residents for the September 2017 intake at the EPSRC+AHRC Centre for Doctoral Training in Media and Arts Technology, Queen Mary University of London.

http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk

Our PhD in Media and Arts Technology is an innovative inter-disciplinary programme in the sciences and technologies that transform the creative sector, with a special focus on Sound, Music, Media and Interaction. Its mission is to produce post-graduates that have world-class skills in technical and scientific research, creativity, building and using software and hardware, and are prepared to contribute to the world’s Digital Economy.

Our four year PhD programme combines PhD research with taught modules and a five month placement at an industry host or research group. We welcome applications from a range of backgrounds. What we require is some clear evidence of both technical and creative abilities.

Apply here:
http://www.mat.qmul.ac.uk/programmes/phd-programme/

Deadline for applications is 3 July 2017.
Last year’s stipend was £16k per year with all fees paid.
Interviews will take place on or around 20th July 2017.
You must have been living in the UK (without needing a visa) for over 3 years, and not solely for study purposes.

Nick.

-- Dr. Nick Bryan-Kinns CEng FBCS --
-- Director, EPSRC+AHRC Media and Arts Technology CDT --
-- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science --
-- Queen Mary -- University of London -- London -- E1 4NS --