International Conference MOOC-Maker 2017
16-17 November 2017
Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
The Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs) are a popular phenomenon in the
online learning world. Today many institutions offer MOOCs. This phenomenon
has not only created a new trend in online education, it also has been
adopted by a number of institutions around the world, allowing spaces for
research in pedagogical, technological and organizational aspects.
This conference will focus on the exchange of popular trends and research
results, as well as the presentation of practical experiences gained while
developing MOOCs; we invite researchers, technologists, and course
designers from universities and industry to share their approaches and
perspectives on key topics, including analytics and data mining,
assessment, credentialing, pedagogy aspects, gamification, cloud services
and resources, universal design, accessibility and technological
This event will be a reference MOOCs conference for Latin America. This
conference is organized by the MOOC-Maker project, an initiative co-funded
by the Erasmus+ Programme – European Union. The MOOC-Maker consortium is
composed by nine Higher Education Institutions from Europe and Latin
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Areas of interest include but are not limited to the following:
* Technological models and frameworks to support MOOCs
* Assessment (different types of assessment approaches and technologies)
* MOOCs scalability and quality assurance models at the pedagogical and
technical level, supported by innovative technology
* Learning Analytics
* Gamification and Social Learning Artefacts
* Universal Design and Accessibility issues in MOOCs contents and
* Adaptive policies for managing different participant profiles
* Pedagogical issues, tutoring roles and human interaction in MOOCs
* Security and accreditation models.
* Experiences and best practices in implementing MOOCs
* Instructional Design for MOOCs
* Reuse and remix of MOOCs
* Attrition and retention in MOOCs
PAPER SUBMISSION AND PUBLICATION
Authors are invited to submit original papers in English or Spanish in the
* Research and Experience papers (up to 10 pages)
* Work in Progress (Research and Experience) papers (up to 6 pages).
* Posters (Research and Experience) (up to 2 pages).
* Description of workshops (up to 2 pages).
Submissions will be handled through EasyChair: https://easychair.org/
Papers for submission should be formatted according to the Springer LNCS
format available at http://www.springer.com/computer/lncs?SGWID=0-164-6-
Conference Proceedings will be published online with ISBN. Selected papers
will be invited to submit an extended version to the Journal of Universal
Computer Sciences J.UCS (www.jucs.org).
Research and Experience papers – *September 1, 2017*
Work in Progress papers – *September 1, 2017*
Posters – *September 1, 2017*
Workshops proposals – *September 1, 2017*
Notification of acceptance – October 1, 2017
Camera-ready submission – October 15, 2017
Conference dates: *Nov 16-17, 2017*
Hotel-Museum Casa Santo Domingo
3a Calle Oriente No. 28-A, La Antigua Guatemala, Sacatepequez, Guatemala.
Armando Fox, University of California, Berkeley, USA
Carlos Delgado Kloos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain
Panel-Discussion: The Future of Education Technology, Strategies
-Papers, posters, networking
-How to create a MOOC (MOOC-Maker)
-Technical training with OpenEdx (MOOC-Maker)
-Accessibility for digital contents in MOOCs (ACAI-LA)
- and more
* Rocael Hernández Rizzardini, Galileo University, Guatemala.
* Antonio Moreira Teixeira, Universidade Aberta, Portugal.
Research Track Chairs
* Carlos Alario-Hoyos, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
* Christian Gütl, Graz University of Technology, Austria.
Experience Track Chairs
* Mar Pérez Sanagustín, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
* Jorge Maldonado, Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile, Chile.
* Mariela Román, Universidad Panamericana, Guatemala.
Email: [log in to unmask]
Should you have any question please don’t hesitate contacting me and thank
you for sharing,
Héctor R. Amado-Salvatierra
Research and Projects Area
Universidad Galileo/Galileo University www.galileo.edu
Torre I Oficina 414
7a. Avenida, Calle Dr. Eduardo Suger Zona 10, 01010
PBX (502) 24238000 ext. 7411/7412
[log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org