CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Susan Dray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:07:34 -0600
[Apologies for Cross-posting]

UPA's UX Magazine issue for the 2nd quarter of 2010 will be on the theme of
"Usable Accessibility:  Inclusion, Access and Usability.

We welcome articles that take a broad view of this theme, including barriers
with  access to information technology based on disability, literacy,
availability of technology (including networks and even electricity), and
other geographical, financial, social and cultural barriers.

We prefer practical articles--stories about research methods, case studies
and design solutions that overcome these barriers--or articles that look
forward to solutions.

The schedule is:

1 December 2009 - Article proposals (short summaries of the key

   points in your article) due.

1 February 2010 - Articles due

May, 2010 - Issue published

UX Magazine articles are typically between 750 and 2500 words. They are
written in an active, personal voice. Authors work with a member of the
editorial board to prepare their articles for publication.

   For more information about UX Magazine editorial guidelines

http://www.usabilityprofessionals.org/upa_publications/user_experience/edito
rial/

   (Feel free to forward and/or to contact me for more information)

Susan Dray, Ph.D., CUXP

Director of Publications

Usability Professionals' Association

President, Dray & Associates, Inc.

Minneapolis, MN  USA

Phone:  +1 612 377 1980

Fax:  +1 612 377 0363

Mobile:  +1 952 463 0505

 <mailto:[log in to unmask]> susan [DOT] dray [AT] dray [DOT] com

www.dray.com

"If the USER can't use it,

it doesn't work!"T