CHI-RESOURCES Archives

ACM SIGCHI Resources (Mailing List)

CHI-RESOURCES@LISTSERV.ACM.ORG

From:
Susan Dray <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Dray <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 09:36:54 -0700
Dear UX Community,

We're delighted be able to open up a fine collection of user experience
articles to a wider audience. User Experience has been a quarterly magazine
in print since 2002, delivered by mail to members.  From now on, each new
issue will also be available online.

The online format means that readers all around the world will have instant
access to each new issue. The responsive design means that you can read it
on the desktop, tablet or handheld device with equal facility. Accessibility
has also been a key consideration.

Abstracts for all articles will translated into Chinese (simplified),
Korean, Japanese, Portuguese and Spanish.

User Experience has published many excellent articles over the past ten
years. The editors are excited to be able to make them more readily
accessible, and look forward to welcoming many more authors and articles to
the collection in coming years.

The latest issue (see <http://bit.ly/191lfmC>) is being made
freely available, along with each of the four issues from 2012. New issues
will be ³members-only² for an initial period, and then will become
open-access as the next issue is published. The archives are being brought
into the new format and will also be open-access.
<http://bit.ly/191lfmC>

Please share your reaction to the new medium. User Experience will continue
to be a valuable resource for members, and for the UX community at large.

[Full disclosure: Although I am no longer Director of Publications for
UXPA, I am extremely proud of the team efforts that have led to this
announcement ­both the translation project and the online publication.
Many thanks to the entire team and to UXPA's Board of Directors for their
leadership and vision!]

Susan M. Dray, Ph.D.
Dray & Associates, Inc.
M:  +1 952 463 0505