Sender:
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 08:52:26 -0500
7bit
From:
Janet Morrow <[log in to unmask]>
November 4, 2002
Dear List Member,

CTA Resource is hosting the sixth in a series of professional online
seminars as a free, value-added service provided to our growing 1000+
Cognitive Task Analysis community membership.

This on-line seminar is being offered via Aptima's Web Conferencing Facility
providing audio, slide presentation, and text chat over the Internet .  For
those who don't have Internet access, we also offer a toll phone option.

Register Now, www.ctaresource.com, for instructions on joining the seminar
and software downloads.

Topic:  Applied Cognitive Work Analysis

Time:  Friday, November 15, 2002
11am US Eastern Standard Time

Presenter:  William C. Elm
Director, Cognitive Systems Engineering Center
ManTech Aegis Research Corporation

Abstract:  Applied Cognitive Work Analysis (ACWA) is the result of several
years of work to integrate the research advances related to Cognitive Task
Analysis, Cognitive Work Analysis, etc. into the systems engineering
practices used to build real-world decision aiding software systems. The
result has been a series of adaptations of the cognitive engineering
research, as well as adaptations to the conventional system development
processes. This seminar will present a web-adapted, condensed version of a
previously successful hands-on ACWA workshop. Given the limited time budget,
it will focus on the pragmatic features of ACWA as part of a system design
process.

Register now at www.CTAResource.com to become a member or attend the talk.
Membership and seminar registration are free.

Our series will continue with Dr. Emilie Roth on December 13 and Dr. Robert
Hoffman speaking in January.  Please contact Donna Anastasi if you would
like to be a presenter in the future or have recommendations for presenters
or topics.

Sincerely,
Donna Anastasi

For information about the CTAResource website, contact: Janet Morrow,
CTA Resource is a product of Aptima, Inc.

Copyright Aptima, Inc. 2002

This seminar is sponsored by the Office of Naval Research