From:
Krzysztof Gajos <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Krzysztof Gajos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2018 13:49:54 -0400
	Colleagues: Harvard Inequality in America Initiative <https://inequalityinamerica.fas.harvard.edu/> has prestigious postdoctoral fellowships available (see below). Ostensibly, the call is for people in social sciences, but I think this opportunity could be very relevant to some HCI scholars. If your work focuses on underserved populations, bias, or discrimination please consider applying. The call for applications seems to particularly favor people who want to pursue a something new during their postdoctoral fellowship — it seems to me that an HCI scholar who wants to build stronger ties with social sciences would very much fit the bill. I do not have any special superpowers with respect to this opportunity, but I would love to see HCI colleagues become part of the conversation about how to make our society a better place for everyone.

	Krzysztof

P.S. The deadline is Dec 3 for a *complete* application — you need to submit your materials sooner to give your letter writers time to submit their recommendations.

> Begin forwarded message:
>
> From: Inequality in America Initiative | FAS | Harvard University <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: IAI postdoctoral fellowship applications due Dec 3rd
>

> October 2018 Newsletter
> Postdoc Applications Due December 3rd 2018
>
> The IAI Postdoctoral Program <https://harvard.us18.list-manage.com/track/click?u=4f3b2e9d3d4063318638b0b76&id=bf4bfa9922&e=ba10471005> is seeking applications from across the social sciences for AY 2019-20. To be eligible, applicants must have received a doctorate or similar terminal degree in May 2016 or later; applicants still enrolled in a graduate program must demonstrate that they will receive such a degree no later than August 2019.

Krzysztof Gajos, Gordon McKay Professor of Computer Science
Harvard John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
Maxwell Dworkin Laboratory, Rm 251
33 Oxford St., Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
tel: +1-617-496-1876
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~kgajos/