From:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Shneiderman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2018 18:50:03 +0000
Dear SIGCHI community,

     We're just two months away from the Sackler Colloquium on Creativity and Collaboration: Revisiting Cybernetic Serendipity, which will be in Washington, DC at the beautiful old building of the National Academy of Sciences on the mall during March 13-14, 2018:
   http://www.nasonline.org/Sackler-Creativity-Collaboration

Our ambition is to redirect the history of ideas, restoring the Leonardo-like
close linkage between art/design and science/engineering/medicine.
We believe that internet-enabled collaborations can make more people
more creative more of the time.

We have a dream team of speakers, including Smithsonian Secretary David Skorton, which you can see on the agenda:
   http://www.nasonline.org/programs/sackler-colloquia/upcoming-colloquia/Cybernetic_Serendipity.html

The prestigious Organizing Committee has assembled a remarkable set of speakers, who are committed to making sustainable changes to research, education, government, and business, as described in this summary:
   http://www.cvent.com/events/creativity-and-collaboration-revisiting-cybernetic-serendipity/event-summary-c03ea91ededc4035a3c89bc0f8f2ac39.aspx

This Sackler Colloquium will explore ways that art/design and science/engineering/medicine research can yield productive partnerships that address the grand challenges of our times.  It is an invitation to think different, to be ambitious, and to collaborate using powerful technologies and innovative social mechanisms.

Registration is now open with a fee of $200, but we have arranged for funding to allow registrations at $50 to the first 100 people who request this subsidy -artists, students, and others without funding. I hope you will join us for this historic event.

    Please pass this announcement to your friends and colleagues.

            Sincerely... Ben Shneiderman