From:
Victor Cheung <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Victor Cheung <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2017 22:38:46 +0000
*********
Call for Participation: Deformable Controllers: Fabrication and Design to Promote Novel Hand Gestural Interaction Mechanisms
Studio at TEI’18, Stockholm, Sweden
March 18, 2018
http://cil.csit.carleton.ca/deformable-controllers/
**********

On behalf of the Creative Interactions Lab at Carleton University, ON, Canada, we would like to invite you to participate in an exciting studio on deformable controllers at TEI’18, Stockholm, Sweden, on March 18.

In this one-day studio, you will learn about the basic working principles of deformation sensors and their applications; and have hands-on experience in making some of them. You will also have the opportunity to design and implement your own controller using these sensors to harness the wide range of gestures they enable. Through these activities we aim at providing a platform to share resources and transfer knowledge of deformable sensors/materials.

Studio participants should be registered in the conference besides the studio through the conference webpage (early-bird deadline fast approaching on Dec 22):
https://tei.acm.org/2018/cp-studios/

Please note that there is only a limited number of available registrations for the studio, which are served on a first-come-first-serve basis.
As an attendee, you are expected to be comfortable with crafting and have a basic knowledge of using Arduino (e.g., programming, circuit board wiring).

For more details of the studio, please visit our information webpage:
http://cil.csit.carleton.ca/deformable-controllers/

If you have any specific questions or suggestions about the studio, please email Victor:

Thanks for your attention, and we look forward to seeing you at the studio and conference!

Regards,
Victor Cheung, Alexander K. Eady, and Audrey Girouard

Victor Cheung, Ph.D.
Post-doctoral Fellow
Carleton University, ON, Canada
My website: http://www.victorcheung.net/