From:
Anke Brock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2018 06:53:39 +0100
  CHI 2018 Diversity & Inclusion Lunch

*Date:* April 24, 2018 (Tuesday)
*Time:* 12:50pm – 2:30pm
*Venue:* 520

Welcome to the 3rd Diversity & Inclusion Lunch at CHI 2018.

CHI has been a trailblazer in its commitment towards Diversity and
Inclusion through efforts such as the CHI Women’s Breakfast,
gender-neutral restrooms, and establishing ‘CHI Diversity and Inclusion
Statement’ to name a few. We share, we listen, and we grow together in
strength and spirit as a community. Honoring this legacy, the Diversity
& Inclusion Lunch at CHI 2018 is intended as a social-peer platform to:

  * Celebrate the achievements of this diverse community,
  * Discuss issues that thwart innovation by impeding inclusion, and
  * Collaborate on strategies to empower those who have been marginalized.

      Details

  * Lunch menu with several options (including vegetarians)
  * $15 for students / $30 for others
  * Only 480 seats available

We welcome all CHI 2018 attendees to join us for the lunch by
registering during the registration for the conference:
https://chi2018.acm.org/attending/registration/

Please note: During past CHI, this event was ‘Sold Out’. So, we
encourage confirming your attendance by registering early. If you have
already registered for CHI 2018, you can go back and add the event later.

      What is the lunch about?

  * Discussion in small table groups on topics concerning diversity issues
  * Speaker-sparks will be shared by Diversity Champion Award winners.
    Each will share a quick story and then ask a question for table
    groups to discuss.
  * Participants can be students, researchers, academics, and industry
    professionals at any stage of their career.
  * Issues discussed during the lunch include but are not limited to
    race, ethnicity and culture; age and professional experience; gender
    identity and sexual orientation; (dis)ability and impairments;
    religious beliefs; work-life-balance and needs of parents.

More information:
https://chi2018.acm.org/attending/diversity-and-inclusion-lunch/

*Diversity & Inclusion Lunch Chairs, CHI 2018*
Anke Brock, ENAC – University Toulouse
Allison Druin, Pratt Institute
Nitesh Goyal, Google
Gopinaath Kannabiran, Indiana University, Bloomington