From:
Valentina Nisi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valentina Nisi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 19:28:41 +0000
At CHI2019, we look forward to your Video Showcase submissions: <
https://chi2019.acm.org/authors/video-showcase/
<https://chi2018.acm.org/authors/video-showcase/>>

Please see important dates and submission information below.

*Overview*

The videos showcase is a forum for human-computer interaction that leaps
off the page: vision videos, reflective pieces, humor, novel interfaces,
studies, and anything else that is a good match for video and relevant to
HCI. Your work will be screened by a large CHI audience during a special
session at CHI 2019, and will be considered for the Golden Mouse award.
Because of the large audience the video showcase attracts, it is one of the
best means for getting your message out to the CHI community — and to
continue to make it available. Videos will be available in the ACM Digital
Library after the conference and will be posted to a CHI Video Showcase
Channel on YouTube.

Work will be judged on how much it intellectually engages an HCI audience
and how effectively it communicates its message. Ultimately, we are looking
to put together an enjoyable show for the attendees. Interesting but
poorly-produced videos will be rejected – but if it’s YouTube-ready per se,
it should be ready for the video's track! We will consider videos put
together by, and intended for, PR departments; however, the emphasis in the
video should still be on the research contributions. Please recall, too,
that many videos have a long legacy, and are incorporated into education
curricula.

Traditionally, many of the videos we have received have emphasized design
innovations. For CHI 2019, we are particularly interested in seeing videos
that represent the diversity of CHI domains. That means your video might
feature:

   - research results
   - ethnographic reports and diary studies
   - case studies and industry stories
   - design studies

… and anything else that makes a good video, and speaks to the domains and
experience of human-computer interaction.

We intend to offer additional awards, such as Best Design Process Video and
Best Research Video; additional awards may be awarded as nominated by the
jury.

Nadia Pantidi, University College Cork

Valentina Nisi, University Of Madeira,

[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

*Important Dates:*

   - Submission deadline: 7 January 2018 (12pm (noon) PST / 3pm EST)
   - Notification to authors: 4 February 2019
   - Publication-ready deadline: 11 February 2019

*Submission Details:*

   - Online Submission: PCS Submission System
   <https://new.precisionconference.com/user/login>
   - Video Submission Format: H.264 encoded MP4, 1080p, at most 5 minutes
   (2-3 minutes is a more common length)
   - Submission Format: one-page description in Extended Abstract Format
   (see Submission Formats)
   <http://chi2019.acm.org/authors/chi-proceedings-format/>
   - Submissions are not anonymous and should include all author names,
   affiliations, and contact information.

*Selection process:* Juried

*Preparing and Submitting your Video Showcase Submission*

A Video Showcase submission must be submitted via the PCS Submission System
<https://new.precisionconference.com/user/login> by 7 January 2019, 12pm
(noon) PST / 3pm EST, 8 pm GMT. The submission must follow the guidelines
in the Technical Guidelines page
<http://chi2019.acm.org/technical-requirements-and-guidelines-for-videos-at-chi/>.
In summary, videos must be *MP4*, less then *five minutes and 100 MB*, and
in *1920×1080 (1080p)*resolution.

We can make occasional exceptions to either the 100 MB file size, or the
five minute time limit. If you wish to, please contact the Video Showcase
Chairs at least 12 hours before the submission deadline.

We encourage authors to review the Guide to a Successful Video Submission.
<http://chi2019.acm.org/guide-to-a-successful-video-submission/>

For detailed information and guidance on preparing and submitting your
video, as well as examples of videos, see:
https://chi2019.acm.org/authors/video-showcase/

--
*Valentina Nisi*
http://valentinanisi.com/

Assistant Professor, University of Madeira, Course Director, Master In
Interactive Media Design http://mdmi.uma.pt/
Adjunct Faculty, HCII, Carnegie Mellon University

[image: m-itiLogo] <http://www.m-iti.org/>
Polo Científico e Tecnológico da Madeira
9020-105 FUNCHAL
Tel (351) 291 721 006
www.m-iti.org
[image: Facebook] <https://www.facebook.com/madeiraiti>[image: Twitter][image:
Youtube][image: Google +] <https://twitter.com/madeira_iti>
*Confidentiality Note: *This email may contain confidential and/or private
information. If you received this email in error please delete and notify
sender.