*The Third International Conference on Fog and Mobile Edge Computing
*Barcelona, Spain. April 23-26, 2018*
*FMEC 2018 Call for Papers:*
Cloud computing provides large range of services and virtually unlimited
available resources for users. New applications, such as virtual reality
and smart building control, have emerged due to the large number of
resources and services brought by cloud computing. However, the
delay-sensitive applications face the problem of large latency, especially
when several smart devices and objects are getting involved in human’s life
such as the case of smart cities or Internet of Things. Therefore, cloud
computing is unable to meet the requirements of low latency, location
awareness, and mobility support.
To solve this problem, researchers have introduced a trusted and dependable
solution through the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC) to put the
services and resources of the cloud closer to users, which facilitates the
leveraging of available services and resources in the edge networks. By
this, we are moving from the core (cloud data centers) to the edge of the
network closer to the users. FMEC dependability is based on providing user
centric service. The purpose of Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing is to run
the heavy real-time applications at the network edge directly using the
billions of connected mobile devices.
Several features enable the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing to be a
perfect paradigm to the aforementioned purpose, which are the dense
geographical deployment of servers, supporting mobility and the closeness
to users. As in every new technology, some challenges face the vision of
the Fog and the Mobile Edge Computing, which are the administrative
policies and security concerns (i.e. secure data storage, secure
computation, network security, data privacy, usage privacy, location
FMEC 2018 conference aims to investigate the opportunities and requirements
for Mobile Edge Computing dominance. In addition, it seeks for novel
contributions that help mitigating Mobile Edge Computing challenges. That
is, the objective of FMEC 2018 is to provide a forum for scientists,
engineers, and researchers to discuss and exchange new ideas, novel results
and experience on all aspects of Fog and Mobile Edge Computing (FMEC).
Researchers are encouraged to submit original research contributions in all
major areas, which include, but not limited to:
* Mobile Cloud Computing Systems.
* FMEC Security and Privacy Issues.
* FMEC Pricing and billing models.
* FMEC support for VANETS and MANETS
* Cloudlet based computing
* Dew based computing
* Lightweight authentication mechanisms in FMEC architecture.
* Access Control models in FMEC.
* Identification of incentives for FMEC service providers.
* The future perspective for FMEC: Challenges and Open Issues.
* FMEC Quality of Service (QoS) improvements techniques.
* FMEC architecture features and evolution.
* FMEC Real-time communication interfaces and protocols.
* FMEC Resource scheduling that enhances the reliability and scalability.
* FMEC Resources monitoring mechanism and utilization measuring mechanism.
* FMEC resources allocation and management.
* Real-time load prediction model to optimize the user satisfaction.
* FMEC virtualization.
* Data storage, processing, and management at FMEC platform.
* Cyber hacking, next generation fire wall of FMEC.
* Deployment strategies of FMEC Servers
* Admission control for FMEC.
* Social engineering, insider threats, advance spear phishing.
* Incident Handling and Penetration Testing.
* Forensics of Virtual and FMEC Environments.
* Security protocols in FMEC.
* Security and privacy of mobile cloud computing
* Security, privacy and reliability issues of MCC and IoT
* Security and privacy of IoT
* Security and privacy management in MCC
* MCC intrusion detection systems
* Security of pricing and billing for mobile cloud computing services
* Security of mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of mobile commerce and mobile Internet of Things
* Security of mobile social networks
* Security and privacy in smartphone devices
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Security of Mobile, peer-to-peer and pervasive services in clouds
* Security of Mobile commerce and mobile internet of things
* Security of Operating system and middleware support for mobile computing
* Security and privacy in sensor networks
* Security and privacy in social applications and networks
* Web service security
* Security of 3G/4G systems, Wi-MAX, Ad-hoc
* Security of Mobile social networks
* Near field communication services
* Service-oriented architectures, service portability, P2P
* Network virtualization and cloud-based radio access networks
Submission Date: 15 December 2017
Notification to Authors: 15 February 2018
Camera Ready Submission: 1 March 2018
*Submissions Guidelines and Proceedings:*
Manuscripts should be prepared in 10-point font using the IEEE 8.5" x 11"
two-column format. All papers should be in PDF format, and submitted
electronically at Paper Submission Link. A full paper must not exceed the
stated length (including all figures, tables and references). Submitted
papers must present original unpublished research that is not currently
under review for any other conference or journal. Papers not following
these guidelines may be rejected without review. Also submissions received
after the due date, exceeding length limit, or not appropriately structured
may also not be considered. Authors may contact the Program Chair for
further information or clarification.
All submissions are peer-reviewed by at least three reviewers. Accepted
papers will appear in the FMEC Proceedings, and be published by the IEEE
Computer Society Conference Publishing Services and be submitted to IEEE
Xplore for inclusion.
Submitted papers must include original work, and must not be under
consideration for another conference or journal. Submission of regular
papers must not exceed 8 pages and must follow the IEEE paper format.
Please include up to 7 keywords, complete postal and e-mail address, and
fax and phone numbers of the corresponding author. Authors of accepted
papers are expected to present their work at the conference. Submitted
papers that are deemed of good quality but that could not be accepted as
regular papers will be accepted as short papers. Length of short papers
*Journal Special Issues:*
Selected papers from the will be invited to submit an extended version to
the following journal. Papers will be selected based on their reviewers’
scores and appropriateness to the Journal’s theme. All extended versions
will undergo reviews and must represent original unpublished research work.
Further details will be made available at a later stage.
Please send any inquiry on FMEC 2018 to the Emerging Tech. Network Team at:
[log in to unmask]
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org