[Apologies for cross-posting]
Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia 2018 - Call for Papers
Nov 25 - Nov 28, 2018
MUM 2018, the 17th International Conference on Mobile and Ubiquitous Multimedia will be held in Cairo, Egypt, November 25th - 28th. MUM is a distinguished and inter-disciplinary forum for advances in research of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems, applications, and services. At MUM, academics and practitioners gather to discuss challenges and achievements in this broad field from diverse perspectives: interaction techniques, user research, system development, software solutions, devices and hardware, etc. This year's conference continues the tradition of innovation and excellence established by previous MUM conferences. In addition to the peer-reviewed accepted papers, the conference program will include keynote presentations, posters, demos, videos and a doctoral school. Accepted full and short papers, as well as poster, demo, video and doctoral school submissions will be included in the conference proceedings and published in ACM digital library. MUM is organised in-cooperation with ACM SIGCHI.
FULL AND SHORT PAPERS
Submission deadline: August 17, 2018 (23:59 UTC-11)
Notification of review decisions: October 1, 2018
Camera ready deadline: October 8, 2018
Conference dates: November 25 - November 28, 2018
Online submission: EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mum2018)
We welcome submissions of high-quality papers that offer original and unpublished contributions relevant to the field of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia, either in full paper format (max. 10 pages excluding references) or short paper format (max. 4 pages excluding references). Successful full paper submissions typically represent a significant empirical, theoretical or methodological advances in the field. Short papers offer more focused contributions; they are not work in progress reports but offer completed, rigorously researched/developed work with a solid contribution to the field. Short papers are likely to have a smaller scope of contribution than full papers.
Paper topics could include, but are not limited to the following:
- Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality systems and applications
- Architectures, systems, algorithms and other constructions tackling relevant technical challenges
- Case studies, field trials, or user experience evaluations of new applications and services
- Conceptualizations and theorizations of the field
- Context-aware and location-based mobile and ubiquitous services
- Metrics and measures for evaluating and testing mobile and ubiquitous systems
- Middleware and distributed computing support for mobile and ubiquitous multimedia
- Novel applications for mobile and ubiquitous gaming, entertainment, networking, advertising, etc.
- Social and privacy implications of mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- Tools and development environments for building mobile and ubiquitous multimedia systems
- User interfaces, interaction design and interaction techniques for mobile and ubiquitous systems
Papers should be grounded in existing mobile and ubiquitous multimedia literature and knowledge, and should be written for an interdisciplinary mobile and ubiquitous multimedia audience. Papers must be submitted via EasyChair (https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mum2018<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=mum2017>) and follow the SIGCHI Paper Format. Submissions should not have been previously published or be concurrently under submission elsewhere. Papers must be anonymized. Submitted papers will undergo a rigorous blind review process, managed by the Technical Program Chairs.
Chairs: Katrin Wolf, Thomas Olsson, Kai Kunze ([log in to unmask])
Have a lovely day! :)
Passant (Social Media Chair)
Passant El.Agroudy, M.Sc.
University of Stuttgart
Human Computer Interaction Group (MCI)
Institute for Visualization and Interactive Systems (VIS)
Stuttgart Research Center for Simulation Technology (SRC SimTech)
Phone: +49 (0) 711 685-60147
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org