From:
"Lammers, H.A." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lammers, H.A.
Date:
Wed, 18 Jul 2018 12:17:13 +0000
Please note: the early bird registration deadline is July 18th (5pm CET)
5-7 SEPTEMBER, 2018, UTRECHT UNIVERSITY, THE NETHERLANDS
ECCE 2018 - European Conference on Cognitive Ergonomics

With As Special Theme: Modeling, Simulation and Games

ECCE 2018 is the 30th annual conference of the European Association of Cognitive Ergonomics (EACE)<http://www.eace.net/>. This leading conference in human-media interaction and cognitive engineering provides an opportunity for both researchers and practitioners to exchange new ideas and practical experiences from a variety of domains.
The role of digital technologies in our life has dramatically changed in the last decades, and the scope of cognitive ergonomics has extended accordingly. While industrial applications and systems remain an essential object of analysis and design, an increasingly important focus is on how digital model and game-based technologies become a part of our everyday environments and practices. Therefore, we have chosen for Modeling, Simulation and Games as ECCE 2018’s special theme, addressing questions such as:

  *   How can models, simulations and games be used for studying the interaction with technology?
  *   Do simulations and games enhance usability as well as user experience?
  *   In how far do models, simulations and games help us in conducting ecologically valid studies?
ECCE 2018 seeks to encourage dialogue and discussion among participants about general topics as well as this year’s special theme. We invite various types of contributions from researchers and practitioners - long and short papers - which address the broad spectrum of cognitive ergonomics challenges in the analysis, design, and evaluation of digital technologies.
General Chairs: Egon L. van den Broek (vandenbroek<&>acm.org) and Herre van Oostendorp (H.vanOostendorp<&>uu.nl)
Programme Chairs:: Christian Stary (Christian.Stary<&>iku.at) and Françoise Détienne (francoise.detienne<&>telecom-paristech.fr)