*** Sorry for cross posting ***
Call For Papers: IEEE VR 2019 Workshop on Applied VR for Enhanced Healthcare (AVEH)
The use of VR and XR to enhance health and well-being is rapidly growing. However, there is often limited Knowledge Transfer between the healthcare and technology disciplines. Moving forward, we need a more cross-disciplinary understanding of how the unique properties and potential of VR can address some of the fundamental healthcare challenges facing society today.
This workshop aims to explore how fundamental understanding of VR can be applied into various healthcare settings and to bring together expert knowledge in both technology and healthcare in order to explore how the potential of VR can be used to support and enhance health and well-being. We will also encourage discussion of the challenges to the development and adoption of VR in healthcare, and how these might be addressed.
The workshop will draw together researchers, developers, clinicians, and industry partners to promote trans-disciplinary research to improve the quality and efficacy of applied VR for enhanced healthcare.
==== WORKSHOP WEBSITE ====
==== CALL FOR PROJECT AND RESEARCH PAPERS ====
We invite participants to submit two different categories of submissions:
1) Project papers should describe interdisciplinary joint projects showing a collaboration between different related disciplinies, such as computer science, medicine, health, psychology etc.
2) Research papers should describe either position statements, preliminary research results, novel concepts, soft- and hardware solutions, or case studies, addressing the way in which VR/AR technologies can be leveraged to enhance healthcare. Our preference will be for submissions which seek to combine an understanding of VR technology with specific goals and methods for providing alternative or enhanced ways to improve the delivery and efficacy of healthcare.
We solicit high quality, original submissions in all areas related, but not limited to, the following topics:
==== SUBMISSION DEADLINES ====
All deadlines are Anywhere on Earth (GMT/UTC‐12:00).
• January 11, 2019: Paper submissions due
• February 5, 2019: Notification of results
• February 19, 2019: Camera-ready submission
==== TOPICS ====
• Virtual-Mixed Reality for physical therapy and rehabilitation
• Virtual-Mixed Reality for mental health
• Virtual-Mixed Reality for healthcare training
• Virtual-Mixed Reality for patient education
• Making Virtual-Mixed Reality accessible for patients and people with disabilities
• Emotion sensing and affective computing in Virtual-Mixed Reality
• Mobile Virtual-Mixed Reality applications for health
• Audio design in Virtual-Mixed Reality to enhance healthcare efficacy
• Understanding physical interaction in Virtual-Mixed Reality
• Virtual-Mixed Reality for behavior change
==== ORGANIZERS ====
• Christian Geiger, University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf, [log in to unmask]
• Nikolaos Katzakis, University of Hamburg, [log in to unmask]
• Fariba Mostajeran, University of Hamburg, [log in to unmask]
• Charles Nduka, Emteq Ltd, [log in to unmask]
• Sebastian Rings, University of Hamburg, [log in to unmask]
• Wendy Powell, Tilburg University , [log in to unmask]
• Vaughan Powell, University of Portsmouth, [log in to unmask]
• Frank Steinicke, University of Hamburg, [log in to unmask]
• Marcel Tiator, University of Applied Sciences Düsseldorf, [log in to unmask]
Beste Grüße/Best regards
Department of Informatics
Vogt-Kölln-Str. 30, 22527 Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 40 428 83-2439
Fax: +49 40 428 83-2552
For news of CHI books, courses & software, join CHI-RESOURCES
mailto: [log in to unmask]
To unsubscribe from CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS send an email to
mailto:[log in to unmask]
For further details of CHI lists see http://listserv.acm.org