Sender:
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2018 15:54:14 +0000
From:
"Toombs, Austin L" <[log in to unmask]>
Hi everyone,

This is a friendly reminder about an exciting workshop taking place at CHI this year.

Call for Participation: HCIxDementia Workshop at CHI 2018

This two-day workshop examines how we engage with people living with dementia, and support and engage them in research, industry, as leaders, and in the community. It will be held at the premises of the Alzheimer Society of Montreal. Workshop activities will support participants—who are researchers, members of industry, from community organizations, and people living with dementia—to work together to explore and respond to the real life challenges and opportunities of living with dementia, and investigate how we co-create meaningful partnership opportunities.

We invite designers, researchers and industry practitioners interested in participating to submit a 2-4 page position papers (ACM Extended Abstract format). Submissions should be sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> in .pdf format by February 2nd, 2018. Position papers will be reviewed based on relevance to the workshop and the potential for contributing to discussions on the research agenda to be developed during the workshop. More details about the workshop can be found at hcixdementia.umd.edu<http://hcixdementia.umd.edu/index.html>.

Thanks so much!

Austin Toombs, also on behalf of Amanda Lazar, Kellie Morrissey, Gail Kenning, Jennifer Boger, and Rens Brankaert

Austin Toombs, PhD
Assistant Professor
Purdue University, Computer Graphics Technology
401 N. Grant Street, Knoy Hall of Technology, Room 307
office: +1 (765) 494-6237
Pronouns: he, him, his