Sender:
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2019 20:44:28 +0300
From:
Özge Subaşı <[log in to unmask]>
Due to multiple requests, we extend the deadline for the submission of the
workshop proposal until *February 19th 2019 (AoE)*.

*IMPORTANT: *In order to have your proposal considered we still expect to
have a preliminary notice with a Title, Author(s) by the official
deadline:* February
12th 2019 (AoE). *

*CfP*

We would kindly like to invite you to submit to the CHI 2019 Workshop
‘*Troubling Innovation: Craft and Computing Across Boundaries*’.
Please also forward this call to colleagues who might be interested.

—————————-

CHI 2019 Workshop
Troubling Innovation: Craft and Computation Across Boundaries
Website: http://craftcomputerinteraction.net
Date: May 4th 2019, Glasgow UK

—————————-

Call for Participation
Deadline: *February 19 2019 (AoE)*

The one-day CHI 2019 workshop ‘Troubling Innovation: Craft and
Computing Across Boundaries’ aims to bring together practitioners and
scholars working at the intersection of craft and computation. In this
workshop, we gather a globally distributed group of craft contributors
whose work reflects crucial but under-valued HCI positions, practices,
and pedagogies.

Whether through the study of maintenance, needlecraft, or
computer-aided design, we examine craft as a crucial site for
reworking the artefacts, tools, and settings through which long
standing legacies of coloniality and industrialization unfold. Through
historically and politically engaged craftwork, we seek to build
community across boundaries and meaningfully broaden what constitutes
innovation in HCI to date and possible futures of Craft and
Computation.

We call for participants from diverse backgrounds including but not
limited to creative activity, technical research, and critical
scholarship in the social sciences interested in present, future and
speculative perspectives on:
• Artefacts: The Objects of HCI Craft
• Tools: The Implements, Devices, and Machines of HCI Craft
• Environments:  The Sites of Craft and Computation

Please read the full workshop abstract for details about workshop
setting and goals.
To apply,* please submit* a 2-4 page position paper/ annotated object/
craft portfolio in any format *by extended deadline 19 February 2019*
through our website.
Please also plan to *bring a physical artefact (or documentation
thereof)* related to your submission to the workshop.
At least one author of each accepted position paper must attend the
workshop and register for at least one day of the conference.

Please check http://craftcomputerinteraction.net for further
information and to join our newsletter.

—————————-

Please direct any questions you might have to the organisers through
the workshop email address:

Irene Posch, TU Wien and University of Art and Design Linz, Austria
Özge Subasi, Koc University, Turkey
Daniela Rosner, University of Washington, USA
Raune Frankjaer, Aarhus University, Denmark
Amit Zoran, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
Tania Perez-Bustos, National University of Colombia, Colombia

--

Asst. Prof. *Özge Subaşı
<https://cssh.ku.edu.tr/ekibimiz/personel-detay/?user=ozsubasi> *